Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Better Fender dealers.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by odie, Oct 16, 2002.

1. odie

odie Supporting Member

I was wondering where are some good reputation Fender dealers. Ones similiar to Basscentral, Bassnw etc.

I thought Bassnw did, but their site didnt list any Fenders.

Thanx

2. AJ Love

AJ Love

Oct 8, 2002
    Madison WI USA
    Dave's Guitar Shop in LaCrosse WI
    Music Gallery in Highland Park IL
    Guitar Stop in Boston

all 3 of them are reputable, class act stores that deal Fender. I have bought stuff from all 3 of them in the past and got great prices and A+ service

3. gfab333

gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
  4. odie

odie Supporting Member

Any others?? I was looking for a high quality place like Bassnw or basscentral that does a little QC and setup.

5. extreme

extreme

Mar 20, 2000
    Odie,

I see you're in MN...Willie's American Guitars in St. Paul is a great place to check out. They've been a Fender Custom Shop dealer for a long time, but they now carry the entire American Fender line. I'm sure they'd do whatever you want and take good care of you. Otherwise, get a bass from some discount dealer (you can find Fenders as cheap as 55% of list) and I'll send you down to a killer tech.

6. odie

odie Supporting Member

Thanx Extreme for the heads up. Im kinda torn between an Fender FMT V a Zon or Lakland Skyline 02.

7. extreme

extreme

Mar 20, 2000
    Of the choices you mentioned, I'd go with the Lakland Skyline 55-02, but you gotta make that decision for yourself!

I haven't been in there for quite a while, but I heard that Willie's carries the Skylines if you want to check 'em out...

If you really want an FMT, there's a guy selling one in the "For Sale" forum down below for only $1000 shipped - that's a great price!

You could also just wait for the right used Lakland 55-94 to pop up for sale. Check around here and/or eBay.

8. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I bought three of my four Fenders at GC. Got great prices, and the salespeople didn't have a clue.

9. Basspalace in PA has a great selection of Fenders.

www.basspalace.com

I bought my `98 MIA Fender P there and am 100% happy with her! :)

Check em out!