1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Better to combine...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by DrT, May 9, 2010.

1. DrT

DrT

May 9, 2010
    How many licks does it take to get to the tootsie roll center of a tootsie pop?

And, is it better to combine an Eden enx260 head @ 4 ohms with a 210 8ohm cab and a 115 8ohm cab in parallel

OR

an Eden nemesis 210 combo (320w @ 4 ohms) with a 115 in series?

I'm looking for quality and volume

hmm...

2. rbonner

rbonner

Sep 25, 2008
    Er, I go for the one hard bite. Boom center like right now.

3. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    One bite, and scenario #1.

4. DrT

DrT

May 9, 2010
    which is going to be louder? will i over power the amp 260 watt amp with two 200 w speakers even if they are each 8ohms?

right now, the 260w head is reaching its limit and is not producing enough sound level for me. will i be increasing the volume at all by adding a 15" speaker if the amp it limiting out?

5. You CAN NOT over-power an amp with speakers. The AMP supplies the power, NOT the speakers.:eyebrow:
    Yes the rig will be louder adding more speaker area.

6. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2005
    Syracuse NY
    Endorsing artist: Dingwall Guitars

There's a reason that most cabs and amps connect in parallel rather than series. If you're only using one cab @ 8ohms right now, you're much better off running the two 8ohm cabs for a total of 4ohms than you would be at running two 8ohm cabs in series for a total of 16ohms. You'll get much less power and your amp will be working much harder to keep up.