Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Better wah pedal: Dunlop or Morley?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Nirvana4ever, Aug 3, 2005.

1. Dunlop

10 vote(s)
    35.7%
  2. Morley

18 vote(s)
    64.3%
  1. Nirvana4ever

Nirvana4ever

Aug 2, 2005
    Which wah pedal is better? Dunlop or Morley?

2. eric atkinson

eric atkinson "Is our children learning "Is our teachers teachin

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    Would have to go for morley myself. I use them for gigs because they r built like a brick poop house
    !

3. bassist286

bassist286

Nov 22, 2001
    rhode island
    i have a dunlop crybaby 105Q and i do love it although, i could buy a new wah i would of went with a digitech whammy because of the many different wahish things it can do, but who doesn't want the power to do a dive bomb on a bass. :D

4. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Neither. Both have their pros and cons. Frankly I prefer the Morley, but anyone else can come along and say they like the Dunlop better. It's a matter of preference as they are polar opposites. If you don't like one, you'll likely love the other.

In the end: TRY THEM BOTH!

5. Now what the hell kind of advice is THAT?!?!?!?!

:bag:

Ummmmm

+1 :D :D :D

6. Funkzfly

Funkzfly

Jun 15, 2005
    The Dunlop...doesn't cut your lows at a less extreme setting and isn't disgustingly clinical. Mix it with an octaver and overdrive and you sound even better...

7. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Neither. Both have their pros and cons. Frankly I prefer the Dunlop 105q, but anyone else can come along and say they like the Morley better. It's a matter of preference as they are polar opposites. If you don't like one, you'll likely love the other.

In the end: TRY THEM BOTH!

8. Tedintheshed

Tedintheshed Banned

Oct 8, 2004
    Columbus, Ohio
    Yup.

I prefer the Morley myself, but I use an old Morley PWB.

Ted

9. Higgie

Higgie

May 31, 2005
    London, England
    I have a Morley and I just bought a 105Q from the bay, which will take a week or so to get here, so I can compare them both when it arrives. I'll post again here with what I find...

10. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI
    Snarling Dogs bawl buster :bag:

11. TheEmptyCell

TheEmptyCell Bearded Dingwall Enthusiast

Jul 16, 2005
    Syracuse, NY
    I love my Morley DBW, but I don't use it much anymore. I've not tried the Crybaby, but it seemed too... metal. The DBW has the Funk Wah setting, which is a really nice feature IMO. Gives you more of a... dynamic control over the wah.

12. loendmaestro

loendmaestro

Jan 15, 2004
    Vienna VA
    I use my Morley Dual Bass Wah every night...and NEVER take it off of the "Funk Wah" setting!

13. Nirvana4ever

Nirvana4ever

Aug 2, 2005
    Well, I just got the Dunlop 105Q, and it is doPE. I have yet to try the Morley, but I doubt it is better. The Dunlop sounds awesome funky, and is definetly easy to use. I had a lot of trouble choosing which pedal to get. I decided to go for the Dunlop, and I am not dissapointed. I reccomend that you go for it too, but it is totally a matter of opinion. Rock on. :bassist:

14. bass-shy

bass-shy

Jan 11, 2005
    Florida
    I have a quick question regarding these two pedals: Does one have a cleaner bypass than the other, or are they similar tonewise while bypassed? I may pick one or the other up this week and would really like to know. I didn't feel the need to post a whole new thread to ask this question, so please forgive the hijack. Thanks in advance.

15. old_skool

old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    Can anyone try to described their tones and how they are different? What the actual pros and cons of each are...or for any other wah you think is worth mentioning?

16. bass-shy

bass-shy

Jan 11, 2005
    Florida
    Can anyone comment on the bypass characteristics of these pedals?