Between the Buried and Me

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by The_Ryst, Jan 20, 2006.

1. I found this band by total chance while surfing some internet radio, and by the end of Selkies: An Endless Obsession I decided I had to buy that album. So I bought Alaska and man, that album is so amazing. I used to hate anything with screaming, but my mind has opened up with bandsl ike Dark Tranquility, Opeth, Meshuggah, etc.

So check them out! A really, really good bassist is in the band too. Almost...jazzy metal? Unsureo f what they can be classified as.
  2. 43% burnt

43% burnt an actor who wants to run the whole show

May 4, 2004
    Bridgeport, CT
    I concur, these dudes tear it up. Alaska is an absolutely amazing album. Their previous album "The Silent Circus" is pretty good...but Alaska is miles ahead IMO. They're young guys too which makes them even more impressive.
  3. Silent Circus owns hard. Great band,seen them live and the bassist rips.

they're like a modern day/fresh Dream Theater,IMO.
  4. I am listening to them right now.
    I am actually listening to their self titled album and their bassist rips just as hard if not harder than on Alaska. They are one of my favorite bands. If you like them check out The Dillinger Escape Plan. They are good also, and I love the bass because he doesnt overplay, but instead chooses to make the music sound good before showing off, which is missing in a few bands.