Bevelled fingerboards

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by conor_maccarthy, Mar 1, 2002.

1. Used to play on a bass with bevelled fingerboard. since I beagan to play on a bass with a rounded fingerboard, i find that going back to playing on a bevelled is akward, and i have to say i find bevelled fingerboards really annoying!
  2. Hey Conor,what sort of music do you play ? Do you play any traditional Irish tunes/songs etc.I ask because the band i play in attempt several sets of tunes in our gigs.Any tips would be more than gratefully recieved.
  3. Hi steve. unfortunately, trad tunes aren't my bag! I play mostly classical, but also a little jazz in a small band. If you have any questions I do my best to answer them (one of the lecturers in the Cork School of Music is a fantastic fiddle and trad flute player (Johnny McCarthy), so I'll ask him for advice if you need any. What kind of band do you play in?
  4. Sorry Conor,After bursting in on your thread i did the sensible thing and checked your profile.I just assumed that anyone from Ireland MUST play trad tunes etc. so,my apologies.
    The band I play in is a four piece including fiddle,guitar,mandolin/banjo and of course the bass.
    We play mainly in pubs,so tend to thrash out the real corny stuff,but try to include some nice trad tunes and songs etc. ala `Lunasa``Dervish` that type of thing.Any recommended listening in that vein would be appreciated,more so if it includes a bass.
    Thanks for the reply.