Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

BEWARE OF SWAN!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by XavierG, Jun 8, 2003.

1. Every so often, I head down to the local river by myself just before sunset, where I sit on a fallen tree with my acoustic guitar, and write tunes. Well, I found a new spot yesterday which seemed the perfect place to get those creative juices flowing. As I sat myself down, I noticed a small sign that was barely legible - it read "BEWARE OF SWAN!" I thought that was funny. Anyway, about 1/2 hr. later, 2 swans came swimming down the river, and stopped in the area I was at. They were kinda just "floating" there, not really paying attention to me. As I was making notes, my pencil tip broke, so I put my guitar down and walked about 100 ft. back to my car to grab another pencil. "Plung" Twang" "Doink"!! I turn to see one of the swans struggling to drag my guitar into the river. I ran back, yelling at the damn swan to let go of my guitar. Well, he (she?) did, and started after me! Son of a gun! Well, I grabbed a stick and finally scared this thing off (this sucker was huge - must have been on steroids). The end result was a 2 inch gash on the back of my guitar. If you ever come across a "BEWARE OF SWAN!" sign, heed the warning.

2. HAHA

thats hilarious dude..

awww man,sorry to hear that though

Damned Swans:mad:

haha...

:p

3. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Swans are evil-tempered buggers! :p I've been "attacked" a few times, happily they're not too quick on land. :meh:

4. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    see? see? that's what happens when you have to deal with the ugly duckling jokes all through your childhood.

mind my words, things had better change. there's a lot of swans out there, and they're pissed.

5. moley

moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    Ouch! Swans are very strong, they could really hurt you.

6. ARA punk

ARA punk

Jul 11, 2001
    USA, Shelby, NC
    That really sucks. I've been attacked by gesse before. they're really mean too. If a swan had done that to my guitar... it wouldn't have gotten off so easy

or so i'd like to think.

7. The more I think about it, this swan looked a lot like Roy Orbison, and I wonder now if he may have come back as a swan, and figured here was an opportunity to re-start his musical career.

Smash, sent you PM... and yes, it was in Richmond, at the south end of Gilbert Rd., on one of the beaches fronting London Heritage Farm.

8. Man Swans are dangerous. About 3-4 years ago I was staying up in these cabins in the mountains and went to go fish at the little pond right by the cabin. Well there was this big group of swans just hanging out by the pond and I must have stepped over there nest or something because they just went crazy and started to run towards me.
    I didn't know what to do so I just stood there and then they came up and started to attack me. They were biting and clawing and flying on me, To say the least I was horrified. Finally I whacked one with my fishing pole to clear a path and then I ran away, fast. You can bet that I never went by that pond again the rest of the trip.