Beware of the Zon Fretless on Ebay

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Inccmdr, Jun 24, 2004.

1. Inccmdr

Oct 16, 2003
    Flagstaff, AZ
    Abouy a month ago I was the high bidder on a Zon fretless 4-string that was on Ebay. The seller claimed he was in the UK so we used Royal MAil as a 3rd party to do the transaction. I am not sure how he did it, but he got my money and kept the bass. I am dealing withe IFCC, FBI , Royal Mail, etc. on the investigation now.

THE SAME BASS IS UP FOR AUCTION ON EBAY AGAIN. The seller is using the name Zanzenzero. He was using Brizmend2000. I have contacted Ebay but the bass is still on the auction board as of last night. Stay away from this bass and this guy!
  2. This is an outrage. People stealing money from musicians who are having hard times even saving the funds together to purchase something decent. Try to get interpol involved.

Since I'm buying and selling a lot of stuff myself (typical gear nut), I received several emails from parties (the Bahamas, Nigeria, Netherlands, etc.) who want to buy my entire stuff. No, they promise to wire the money to your account or offer to send suspicious money orders,etc. It's a shame.
    I hope you get your funds back.
  3. Humblerumble

Feb 22, 2004
    Man that s**cks! I hope you get your money back and thanks for the tip.
  4. vbass

May 7, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Oh man, that really sucks! I would be VERY hesitant to send money that way, but thanks for the heads up. I really hope you end up getting your money back!