1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Beyma 10MW/ND

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Mike Arnopol, May 18, 2011.

1. Mike Arnopol

Mike Arnopol Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 4, 2005
    Chicago
    Owner of MAS Soundworks
    Anyone have any experience with this? I'm probably going to build a cab to replace my Wizzy 10. I'm using all of my eq to tame the mids. I was looking at the Deltalite but it seems that a lot of the Eminence Neo's have a wide, nasty midrange peak. This will be runnung full range (mostly for upright) so taming the peak with a Zoebel in the xover is not an option. The Beyma has lower sensitivity than I'd like, but a huge xmax and power handling.

2. Arjank

Arjank

Oct 9, 2007
    Above Amsterdam
    I never used this driver but I did simulate it lately to check how it performed against my Oberton 10B200's.
    Since the tsp's of the Beyma are almost the same as the Oberton they perform pretty much the same in a 30 (to 35) liter enclosure tuned to 43 to 50hz.
    The Beyma has a mathematical based xmax of 7.5mm, doing the same trick gives the Oberton's an xmax of 6mm. The max spl in the bass region is pretty much the same for both drivers (+2dB for the Beyma). The Beyma can get like 4dB louder in the mids because there the power handling is what counts.
    If you live in europe you can also try the Oberton's, they are cheaper then the beyma's and they also don't have that nasty midrange peak.

The pictures shows the simulated responses and the max spl(rms) responses of the 10b200 (blue), 10mwnd (green) and deltalite 2510 (red) in a 30liter enclosure tuned to 45hz.
    The 10mwnd is the winner here. The deltalite has a powerdip(hitting the xmax), this powerdip even increases when the max spl is simulated with the peak power. The beyma and oberton can both almost take the peak power before this starts to happen.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Mike Arnopol

Mike Arnopol Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 4, 2005
    Chicago
    Owner of MAS Soundworks
    Thanks---unfortunate for the Obertons I'm in Chicago. How lame would the Beyma be in a .75 cu/ft (I think about 22 liters) 50 hz tuning would likely be ok (my Doubler has a variable high pass). I was trying to get in at about the same size as the Wizzy. I was also looking at the Faital 8PR200.Low SPL but 8mm xmax. Size and weight is important as this is for upright gigs that one walks from parking to gigs. Here in Chicago these are decent bread and butter gigs.And I play lots of them. Think of NYC subway transport gigs.

4. Michael Vee

Michael Vee Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    Mike, did you ever build this cab?

I'm looking at the same Beyma as an upgrade to my Carvin 1x10 combo. I need something with a bit lower response and more SPL/XMax than the Eminence CH-2010 I currently have in there.

5. sonofshel

sonofshel Supporting Member

Mar 9, 2005
    Memphis, TN
    Resurrection of old thread alert...curious if anyone has any experience with this speaker as a replacement for a Delta lite 2510 in a small cab? Thanks for any replies in advance.

6. zorf

zorf

Dec 27, 2007
    Probably not going to answer your question directly, but I love my Beyma 10g40.
    Looks like it might be not too different with a bit less high end extension.