Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

beyond effects

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Gut_Implosion, Oct 5, 2004.

1. Tecx

Tecx Radio Rock Leads To Sterility

Jun 9, 2002
    Halifax, NS, Canada
    Halo are one of my favorite bands... Absolutly insain bass playing, he is my effects hero...

Alex

ps. they worked with Graham Lewis as well!!!

2. ffrex

ffrex

Aug 27, 2004
    he doesn't even play anything besides make interesting feedback... wouldn't call him a musician let alone a bassist.

3. dirtgroove

dirtgroove

Jan 10, 2003
    Taipei, Taiwan
    What makes it unmusical? As long as there's an element of control over the sound coming out I don't see how you can consider it unmusical.
    Now I come to think of it. I can think of heaps of people that play conventional bass that I wouldn't dream of calling musicians.

4. dirtgroove

dirtgroove

Jan 10, 2003
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Anyone know what he's using then?

5. dirtgroove

dirtgroove

Jan 10, 2003
    Taipei, Taiwan

Are we ever gonna get to see photo's of youre rig?

Tell me that's not you painting that girls body- for the love of god tell me that's not you! :crying:

6. Tecx

Jun 9, 2002
    Halifax, NS, Canada
    About the first part, real freaking soon... I have just been hella lazy, plus there have been some changes as of late...

About the second part, ***?.. I have no clue what the hell you are talking about?.. Painting, what girls body?.. :confused:

Alex

ps. nice to hear from you dude, hit me up with a e-mail...

7. dirtgroove

dirtgroove

Jan 10, 2003
    Taipei, Taiwan
    I clicked on the rig link to see if you'd put a photo up yet. Whilst I was there was a back link from your gear to an art section. Given that your music has a cool kind of constellation vibe type ambiance going on I thought I'd give it a whirl (hope you're not feeling too stalked by this point). My overriding memory is of some lucky guy painting some stunning girls crotch.... does this ring any bells or did I infact fall asleeep at my wok desk and end dreaming about clicking on a web page to check out the fx layout of a person the other side othe world?

.... [all confused now] :confused:

8. Tecx

Jun 9, 2002
    Halifax, NS, Canada
    hahaha, no... :D That is mearly the catagory of my webshots gallery, if I was painting some young girls crotch my wife would be rather upset!!! And thanks for the kind words about my music, now check your damn e-mail...

Alex

9. ffrex

ffrex

Aug 27, 2004

I can understand if he did that some of the time, but he never uses the effects to their potential, just overloads with effects which is kind of lame in my opinion.

I'm all for the anti-musician, I'm a big fan of the mars volta and captain beefheart, but he doesn't use music, he uses distortion and thats it, and it gets kind of dull.