Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Beyond the grave? Or just really dumb?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Josh Ryan, Jul 8, 2004.

1. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
  2. bassturtle

bassturtle

Apr 9, 2004
    I think the whole thing is creepy.

3. vbass

vbass

May 7, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Hmm, that's a tough choice but I'm thinking that's pretty stupid. It could make for some GREAT pranks though.

4. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    That seems really disrespectful to me. Being able to go over to any grave with a clicker and seeing that person's last message. :meh:

5. pretty effing dumb...then again, I think it's retarded that they have t.v.'s built into refridgerators now...

6. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    You could leave a video saying

"Don't sell my gear, oh yeah yeah, it's good to see you to"

7. cschenk78

cschenk78

Mar 12, 2000
    Watertown, NY
    I think I would make a special one for all those who came to see me...

It would say...

"I bopped yer wife!!!"

8. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    That kind of reminds me of playing The Oregon Trail video game when I was in elementary school. We use to write funny epitaphs on our gravestones.

I agree with Bassturtle, the whole thing is kind of creepy.

They put TVs in refrigerators? Man, our people that freakin' materialistic? :rolleyes:

9. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    YEah, but what's really interesting is, that in the post-apocalyptic world, when people stumble across these gravestones, some will still work and play messages, and people will get freaked out and include them in their new religion as something evil, that's to be avoided, or as a rite of passage into adulthood.

10. Dude. Woah. Flashbacks to Apple IIe days. Yikes. Wow.

11. bassturtle

bassturtle

Apr 9, 2004

That new avatar is going to your head.

12. vbass

vbass

May 7, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    The Oregon Trail OMG.. don't forge the river, it's too deep!

13. I always got eaten by wearwolfs. WHY COULDNT I RUN AWAY?!?!

And on video games, I would always make weird names. Like once, I named myself "I'm a loser" and everyone in the game would be like "Hi, I'm a loser." It never got old. :D

14. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I was so good at that game, my team always won. I was the best buffalo hunter in the class.

anyone ever play the amazon trail? similar concept, only on the amazon river, and you were trying to discover new species of animal.

15. no it doesnt

note to those who dont read some other thread I am not using punctuation tonight so what ever

16. oh and I think it is a dumb idea The basic concept is good for pranks gravestones that have the dead persons voice saying something but I don't think its a good idea and I am pretty sure that there would be problems with people having ehh what ever

17. Amazon Trail is just a generic brand of Oregon Trail. It looks, smells and tastes the same, only something is different. :smug:

18. Thee

Thee

Feb 11, 2004
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Manifest destiny WILL ALWAYS BE SUPERIOR to scientific exploration.

19. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    Ahh, yes, the might Apple IIs; good times they were. :D

I once had......get this: a command line interface version of Oregon Trail. I use to play it on a Laser machine with a yellow monochrome monitor. How you hunted was really cool; you had to type a word, such as "bang"; the quicker you typed, the higher chance of getting a hit was.

20. I don't remember wearwolves in Oregon Trail...

Good game, though.