1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

BFM Jack 2x12

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by kbakerde, Oct 9, 2017.

Tags:
  1. kbakerde

kbakerde Supporting Member

Jan 24, 2012
    Hey, so I am just curious. Anyone out there rocking or recently making a BFM design Jack cabinet? I know there was interest in these back in the day, and I know the Fearful design really took over the zeitgeist of the forum for a couple years. Bill is no longer on this forum, just wanting to know who is still using that design?

I once had an old design 2x10 and it was very good for the time. I also had a fearul 15/6 and 12/6 cube once upon a time.

2. seamonkey

seamonkey

Aug 6, 2004
    "Back in the day" !
    BFM Jack is still state of the art. High efficiency/sensitivity designs. With powerful small amplifiers, and the overall improved sensitivity of modern drivers a high efficiency design for a bass stage monitor may not be a big advantage than it use to be.

For one, if you had a TE ELF, liked it, but found you needed some more volume, but didn't want more cabs, then a high efficiency design Jack may be the perfect solution.

For a traditional baffle design, you can't do any better than the fEARful designs. One can take the design philosophy of the fearful and apply it to another driver and also get the full benefit of the driver in an ideal cabinet. It would be much harder, and you'd need to use more complicated software to do the same with a high efficiency BFM cabinet.

3. Rick James

Rick James Inactive

Feb 24, 2007
    New Jersey
    I love my Jack 12, it's the best 112 I've ever played through, and I've played through just about every 112 made, including fEarful. That's me, it might not be you. I read a recent post by someone who didn't like his, but he didn't like a Mesa either. Not everyone has the same taste.
    You don't need any software to driver swap BFM cabs. All the plans contain at least four driver choices, plus T/S specs so you can choose different drivers with no guesswork involved.