BH250 losing gain when activating toneprints

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by MaxMartigan, Aug 23, 2018.

1. MaxMartigan

MaxMartigan

Aug 23, 2018
    Does anyone else get a noticeable loss of gain when turning on toneprints?
    I have a Loopi aux switcher pedal that activates & deactivates the 2 toneprint slots, but whenever I activate a toneprint, I lose at least a couple dB.
    Which sucks cuz I really want to use the octave and chorus toneprints live as part of my pedal setup, but there's no way to boost the gain of toneprints for this unit that I know of.

Any ideas??

2. CTBassGuy

CTBassGuy

Feb 3, 2018
    Danbury, CT
    I have a BH250, and have not noticed the behavior you describe. I usually have the TubeDrive print on most of the time, but have used a Digitech 3 button footswitch to mute and switch between prints.

Does it do the same thing with the foot pedal unplugged and you engage the TonePrint from the knob in the amp face? I’m wondering whether your foot switch may be causing it in some way.

3. MaxMartigan

MaxMartigan

Aug 23, 2018
    Thanks CT, I'll give it a try and report back.
    When I was using the BH250 as my only effect source, I had no issues because I always had one of the SpectraComp toneprints enabled.
    Only since adding pedal effects to my arsenal have I really noticed the drop when adding the BH250 effects.

4. MaxMartigan

MaxMartigan

Aug 23, 2018
    Alright, I played around with it and found that there is still a noticeable drop even when just turning on the toneprints via the knob on the BH250. My Loopi pedal wasn't plugged in at all.
    The sound guy also noticed I was dropping out and said he'd have to ride my fader or add additional compression to keep it even.
    Obviously, not the solution I was hoping for.
    TC Electronic, if you're listening, a toneprint editor for the BH series would be so welcomed!

5. CTBassGuy

CTBassGuy

Feb 3, 2018
    Danbury, CT
    Hmm,

I would contact TC Support and tell them what's going on. This does not seem to be normal, and should be something that they would want to know about and (hopefully, depending on whether your amp is under warranty) fix.

Good luck

6. MaxMartigan

MaxMartigan

Aug 23, 2018
    Thanks CT, I've emailed TC support to see what they say. I purchased the unit new in October 2017, so it should still be covered.

Cheers!

CTBassGuy likes this.
  7. QVoz_Yan_Liden

QVoz_Yan_Liden

Oct 24, 2018
    Hey there bassists, I have recently purchased the 250 and I am also getting a loss of volume as I turn up the bass drive. Any progress on this issue?