1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Bi-Amp Question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Spector_Ray, Apr 26, 2006.

1. Spector_Ray

Spector_Ray

Aug 8, 2004
    Texas
    I've don't have experience in bi-amping, so I'm asking the pros here at TB. I have a Crate Bt-350 head and a Hartke 2000 head I'm fooling around with. I was thinking of running the Crate as the bass amp through an Ashdown 1x15 cab and bi-amp the Hartke as the high amp through a pair of 2x10 cabs. First off, is the Hartke bi-ampable? Would I run the high out of the Crate into the front input of the Hartke or to the effects return input?:confused:

2. watspan

watspan

Nov 25, 2002
    madison, wi
    as far as I know, either one of those heads has to have a built in crossover, or you have to use an external crossover--the crossover being the device that "splits" the frequency above and below the point you set it at (e.g. 250 hz)

3. Spector_Ray

Spector_Ray

Aug 8, 2004
    Texas
    The Crate has a x-over, but I was wondering what input on the Hartke to use since there are only three which are the passive, active and the effects return.

4. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    In that case, the Hartke will be running full range. To do what you want, you'll need an external crossover.

Me, I'd run them both full range. I'm willing to bet it will sound MUCH better that way.