Bi-Amping question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ThePaste, Jan 27, 2001.

1. If you ran bi-amped, could you use a guitar combo for the highs?
  2. JimM

Jan 13, 2000
    Northern California
    Although guitar amps are poor at handling lows,unless they have a tweeter they wont handle highs very well either.they specialize in the mids.Guitars put out so much treble they dont need the help of a horn.'course you could add a horn.

To be honest,I'm not into bi-amping so I should leave this to someone who knows what they're talking about.the above is just my humble opinion.
  3. Ok another question, although it has nothing (I don't think) to do with bi-amping.

Is daisy chaining a synonym with bridging?
  4. Nope, daisy chaining and bridging are not synonyms. Daisy chaining is just linking the inputs of an amp (or amps). The two channels recieve the same signal but still operate independently of each other (the amp still behaves as a stereo amp). This is also called parallel mode. Bridging actually links the amplifiers on each side of a stereo amp so that they become one amp. One side (usually channel A)ends up the positive side and the other channel becomes the negative side. Bridging an amp effectively makes a stereo amp into a true mono amp with (around) twice the power for the same impedence. You use the positive terminals on both channels as your speaker output. If you use the speaker outputs like you normally would (+ and- both channels), you will damage the amp and probably destroy some speakers too. I've seen it happen, can you say "power amp on fire?":D:D