1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Bi-amping the one cab...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Microbass, May 28, 2005.

1. OK, obviously its generally a bad idea to be sending 2 signals into one cab, however this particuler cab is somewhat different.

In the studio they have a new 8x10 classic and SVT3 pro.

The 8x10 has multiple inputs, so that you could just use four of the 10s on one channel @ 8 ohms or 4ohms. I was thinking I could biamp, and bring along my trace and channel into the 8ohm set of fours, and then the SVT on the 4 ohm, and use a distortion into the SVT's four?
    However thinking about this a bit more, the seperate inputs for 4x10's might be the same set of 10s for each setting... thoughts? :meh:

2. according to the ampeg site i believe it´s like this
    :mono 4 ohm(8x10)
    : stereo 8 ohm each(a pair of 4x10´s)
    that way you could use one amp to "each 4x10" .
    go ahead and try it.
    oh, and you will need some sort of splitter/ or stereo pedal before the amps :)

3. by splitter, do you mean connecting the amps?

i would have an FX sent from the trace to a pedal, then instead of returning that signal to the trace, plug into the input of the SVT.
    it worked with another amp i tried... :)

4. Ben Clarke

Ben Clarke Liquidating to fund a new business. Buy My Gear!

Jan 6, 2005
    Western NY
    In a studio, I'm sure they can mult out of the board. Just go direct and reamp later if you have the time.