Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by dfreeman, Nov 18, 2002.

1. ok, I have a SWR workingmans 300, a hatke 4x10 cab, and a peavey TNT 115 combo amp. The peavey has a crossover feature for bi-amping, but Im clueless on how to do this. an suggestions?
  2. This is what I think you should do. You will need 2 x 1/4 to 1/4 patch cords. On the PV come out of the < Low Out > into the < Power-amp IN > and come out of the < High Out > into the SWR. Set the X-over point to around 80 or so. Balance the SWR with the PV. Stack the 4x10 on top of the PV. You should now have a bi-amped system. Good Luck...:D
  3. thanks for the advice! any help is good help so far, im clueless! I'll let you know if it works.
  4. well, I gave it a shot and it didnt work, thanks any way! I'm going to ask somebody at peavey, but I dont think its possible.
  5. Mike

Sep 7, 2000
    You did have the Peavey plugged in and turned on, right? I don't mean to sound facetious but I ran into this once when a friend of mine was trying to slave an amp. He had it set up correctly, he just didn't have the slave plugged in and turned on. That resulted in no sound from the slave...

Just checking.
  6. alexclaber

alexclaber Commercial User

Jun 19, 2001
    Brighton, UK
    Director - Barefaced Ltd
    With that combination of equipment you really don't want to go biamping anything. I doubt the Peavey combo has much real low-end capability so you don't want to use it as a sub. If you want more volume just run a lineout from the SWR head into the poweramp in or FX return on the Peavey, and run both amps simultaneously.

7. d_rock211

d_rock211 Guest

Apr 29, 2002
    Kansas City
    Is it possible to power an external speaker with just the Peavey? I have an Eden 2x10 and was waiting for more money to get a decent head and a 1x15, but was wondering if I could get the Peavey to power the Eden in a similar way.