Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bianca Butthole has died in a car accident

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Flatwound, Dec 17, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flatwound

Flatwound Supporting Member

Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego
    I've never listened to Betty Blowtorch, but the newspaper article caught my eye. Apparently Bianca was riding in a corvette which was being driven at high speed (by someone else) when the driver lost it. He was hurt, she was killed.

Like I say, I'm not a fan of the band, but it seems like a lot of bassists have been dying lately.

2. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    I never heard the band's music; but man, what a stupid way to go.

3. Bianca was better known for her previous punk band; Butt Trumpet. They had a 'Hit' a few years back with a song called "You're Ugly".
    Betty Blowtorch was composed mainly of ex members of Butt Trumpet. Bianca was also recently featured in Bass Player.
    This is sad news indeed.:( :( :(

4. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    Mourning the loss of a bassist named Bianca Butthole, from a band called Butt Trumpet? Hmmmm...

5. Oh, sorry Hategear, you're right! She wasn't a frigging HUMAN BEING or anything. Hey! Let's all poke fun at the silly rock-star names!

Or... Let's turn this into another "My music is better than your's" thread!

Tons o' fun there!:mad:

6. 72beetle

72beetle

Jun 10, 2001
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Man, that is really sad. I met Bianca a few years back when Butt Trumpet played the Nile - despite her onstage image, she was really sweet and very cool. We talked a while about playing bass, collecting metal lunchboxes (a passion of hers) and I pledged my undying love to her. What a shame. RIP Bianca, I'll write your name on some pumpkins seeds.

7. KONG

KONG Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2000
    NY
    Wasn't there a little article with her in Bass Player a couple of months ago?

8. BassistJ

BassistJ

Mar 20, 2001
    Hemet, CA USA
    ...always a shame when a bassist dies. Or anyone, for that matter. I hope she finds some peace in Heaven/Nirvana/etc...

9. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    Someone needs to lighten up. Were you related to her, or were you a close, personal friend of hers? If you were, then you have my sympathy. If not, what do you care what I post about her?

Also, I was hardly trying to turn this into a my-music-is-better-than-yours thread. Sheesh! Life is too short to be so angry.

10. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Life is also too short to mock someone's death for the sake of a joke about their name. Grow up.

11. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    RIP Bianca.
    Any bassplayer or human being for that matter who dies before ther time is a huge loss!
    What are we up to this year? I think 5 bassplayers
    Allen Woody
    the guy from loverboy
    The guy from Blues Travler
    Benn Orr
    Bianca
    Milt Hinton
    There are a few others I think! Man this was a bad year for Bassplayers:(

12. Hategear, rather or not I was her brother, close friend or just a regular fan; it doesn't matter.

Your comment was rude and distasteful. Your second remark was even more insulting. I bet you're real big at wakes and funerals.

I think you owe this entire thread an apology.

13. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    R.I.P. B.B. :(

14. and a new name to add to that list,

Dave Myers

RIP B.B

15. Flatwound

Flatwound Supporting Member

Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego
    I think her name was actually Bianca Halstead, IIRC. Also, I think she was 36. I'm 43, so that sounds pretty young to me.

I'm somewhat affected by her death, just because of how close I've been to death this past year. A friend, who had no history of heart trouble, dropped dead of a heart attack while taking out his trash. I recently found out that another friend committed suicide about three weeks ago. That was a pretty hard hit.

I don't think I would have been a fan of BB, since their shows I imagine were somewhat rude and crude, which doesn't really appeal to me. Still, she was following the American Dream in her own way, and I always think it's tragic when young, talented people die.

16. the guy lynerd skynered (sp) also i think, they were supposed to play at the fair near me but the didn't.

:( R.I.P.

17. Shumph

Shumph

Aug 25, 2001
    On the move
    Flatwound
    I know how you feel. After a hockey game we played the other night one of the guys dropped dead right after leaving the dressing room. Really freaked me out. He was in his early forties, very sad.

S

18. that would be Leon Wilkenson....

Man, death sucks. :(

rickbass1 was a pretty big fan of betty blowtorch, i wonder how hes taking it?

19. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    Originally posted by Ad Nauseam
    Oh, sorry Hategear, you're right! She wasn't a frigging HUMAN BEING or anything. Hey! Let's all poke fun at the silly rock-star names!

Or... Let's turn this into another "My music is better than your's" thread!

Tons o' fun there!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Someone needs to lighten up. Were you related to her, or were you a close, personal friend of hers? If you were, then you have my sympathy. If not, what do you care what I post about her?

Also, I was hardly trying to turn this into a my-music-is-better-than-yours thread. Sheesh! Life is too short to be so angry.

lets keep it calm cool and colected please

20. ColdYinTiger

ColdYinTiger

Jul 15, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    The only knowlege of her I had was from the bass player mag but still.... Death has its way of creeping up on the unexpected... May her spirit pass onto beter places.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.