Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bidgie Reef & The Gas support The Blockheads this Saturday in Oxford

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Howard K, Nov 10, 2003.

1. Howard K

Howard K

Feb 14, 2002
    UK
    My band Bidgie Reef & The Gas support The Blockheads at the Zodiac in Oxford (on the Cowley Road) this Saturday.

£14.50 on the door and the show starts at 7.30pm.

I'm not getting paid so this isnt a real advert :)

Be there and be square!!!!!

www.the-zodiac.co.uk
    www.theblockheads.com
    www.bidgiereef.com

2. Wow!! That's great Howard. THE Blockheads? Will you be hitting them with your rhythm stick?

Hope it goes well. Let us know... :)

3. DaveBeny

DaveBeny

Mar 22, 2000
    London, UK
    Congratulations Howard! I am a big Ian Dury & The Blockheads fan - I'm very jealous!

4. Howard K

Howard K

Feb 14, 2002
    UK
    Yeah, as in Norman Watt-Roy.. wicked huh :)

Bl~~dy right I will :D

Actually we have a funk song with a 16th note feel bassline intro in C minor... I'm considering starting it off with a couple of bars of the hit me bassline.. just to pat my respec!

:)

5. Howard K

Howard K

Feb 14, 2002
    UK
    cheers David... have you seen them on this tour?

we played at a festival they headlined earlier this year... my word do they rock! a very very powerful band - awe inspiring stage presence!

and mr Watt-Roy, hell is he good! He plays simple stuff really, but you can tell he's been playing it a very long time. SO solid.

6. DaveBeny

DaveBeny

Mar 22, 2000
    London, UK
    Hi Howard. How was the gig?

Have to admit that I haven't seen the Blockheads since Ian died - I have a video tape somewhere of an Ian Dury & Blockheads gig at Ronnie's not long before Ian died. Great band live!

Strange to think that they were part of the punk movement when they're all really a bunch of jazz musicians!

I've seen a DVD just out of a Blockheads gig at the Hammersmith Odeon in 1979 - I think I'm going to have to pick that up!