1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Bidgie Reef & The Gas support The Blockheads this Saturday in Oxford

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Howard K, Nov 10, 2003.

1. Howard K

Howard K

Feb 14, 2002
    UK
    My band Bidgie Reef & The Gas support The Blockheads at the Zodiac in Oxford (on the Cowley Road) this Saturday.

£14.50 on the door and the show starts at 7.30pm.

I'm not getting paid so this isnt a real advert :)

Be there and be square!!!!!

www.the-zodiac.co.uk
    www.theblockheads.com
    www.bidgiereef.com

2. Wow!! That's great Howard. THE Blockheads? Will you be hitting them with your rhythm stick?

Hope it goes well. Let us know... :)

3. DaveBeny

DaveBeny

Mar 22, 2000
    London, UK
    Congratulations Howard! I am a big Ian Dury & The Blockheads fan - I'm very jealous!

4. Howard K

Howard K

Feb 14, 2002
    UK
    Yeah, as in Norman Watt-Roy.. wicked huh :)

Bl~~dy right I will :D

Actually we have a funk song with a 16th note feel bassline intro in C minor... I'm considering starting it off with a couple of bars of the hit me bassline.. just to pat my respec!

:)

5. Howard K

Howard K

Feb 14, 2002
    UK
    cheers David... have you seen them on this tour?

we played at a festival they headlined earlier this year... my word do they rock! a very very powerful band - awe inspiring stage presence!

and mr Watt-Roy, hell is he good! He plays simple stuff really, but you can tell he's been playing it a very long time. SO solid.

6. DaveBeny

DaveBeny

Mar 22, 2000
    London, UK
    Hi Howard. How was the gig?

Have to admit that I haven't seen the Blockheads since Ian died - I have a video tape somewhere of an Ian Dury & Blockheads gig at Ronnie's not long before Ian died. Great band live!

Strange to think that they were part of the punk movement when they're all really a bunch of jazz musicians!

I've seen a DVD just out of a Blockheads gig at the Hammersmith Odeon in 1979 - I think I'm going to have to pick that up!