Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

big band/swing?

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by xBISMARCKx, Apr 23, 2004.

1. Does anyone know where to find tabs for this kind of music?

2. mumbojumbo4

mumbojumbo4

Feb 11, 2004
    Illinois
    i can make you some if u like
    what types are u looking for? Fast or slow bass parts?

3. wulf

wulf

Apr 11, 2002
    Oxford, UK
    Are you hoping to play with a big band / swing band? In my experience, those type of groups normally provide music in standard notation making it vital to learn to read standard notation.

If you're just interested in trying the style, have you searched for tabs of any recordings you've got in the genre? You probably won't find much but it will make a big difference if you can hear it as well as seeing the tab on the page.

After all, it don't mean a thing if it ain't got that swing...

Wulf

4. Both would be cool. thanks.

I'm not planning on playing in a band, I don't think i'm that good.
    I don't have any practicular I have this channel that play sbig band and swing and anything i like i've tryed looking up tabs for it and can't find any.

thanks again!

5. Tez

Tez

Jan 24, 2004
    Australia
    For big band you have to learn to read I have quite a few charts for big band at level three which is a great learning platform I can e mail some to get you started

6. Thats what I thought about Classical pieces, but little by little, musicians are transcribing these pieces to TAB, especially for college credit, and they are ending up on the net. So KEEP searching!
    Good luck!

7. mumbojumbo4

mumbojumbo4

Feb 11, 2004
    Illinois
    Ive tabed some out. If you want them E-Mail me at mumbojumbo7689@yahoo.com
    COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
    :ninja:

8. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

I can't believe that - I wouldn't call them "musicians", then....:meh:

9. Post deleted by moderator.

10. FaBu-

FaBu-

Jan 16, 2004
    Finland
    I think playing in a big/swing band is mostly about improvising based on progressions...

11. SuperSluggard

SuperSluggard

Jan 2, 2004
    What are some good swing bands?

12. quallabone

quallabone

Aug 2, 2003
    There shouldn't be any tabs for bigband music I hope. There should be chord charts and lead sheets. It's about being able to play the changes.