1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Big Bass Muff has crapped out, help?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by CauliColin, Mar 17, 2013.

1. My BBM is about 9 months old now and hardly been gigged, so i can't pit it down to wear and tear.
    I replaced the battery inside the pedal (as the old one ran out) and plugged it in. No sound came out of it. No problem, I thought, the battery is faulty. I put in a different 9V battery. Sound came out, but I had to nudge it to get it. When I used it, there was either no sound, quiet sound, burbly sound or proper sound. I have put the pedal not working down to the battery replacement. I would love to know how to fix it, because I find the BBM useful and urgently need it fixed.
    Thanks for reading!

2. Please guys, help me! (Sorry about the brief gap between the bump. Normally I'm patient. Normally)

3. No-one? Really?

4. Dude, its sunday morning. Your gonna have to be a little more patient. Someone will come along and help. But before that, make sure you check "every" cable and your bass. Is your bass active. If so, check the battery on that as well.
    Electro-harmonix newer stuff is very cheaply made and frequently craps out. If you really don't wanna have a problem again, I suggest you go here http://www.fuzzrociouspedals.com/greystache.html and use the order option. This will ensure you having a great muff sound that cuts through the mix or scoops great(whichever you dig) and does not crap out.
    Or you could fix yours and keep your fingers crossed. Whatever you decide, best of luck to you.

5. Thanks for your help, and sorry for being impatient, I was a bit stressed :S
    EDIT: Thanks for recommending the Greystache, I've been eyeing one up for a while, and now I'll have to save up some more. :)

6. I thought they came from the factory crapped out. :ninja:

7. pizzazombie

pizzazombie

Dec 19, 2012
    Switzerland
    I had the a similliar problem some time ago, and that's how I solved it:
    - Remove the screws and remove the cover (just like when you're changing the battery)
    - Now insert your instrument cable into the input (which also turns on the pedal)
    - Look if the plug "touches" the input correctly
    - If it doesn't touch all the "pins" of the input take the cable out again and adjust the pins
    I don't know if you have the same problem as I did, but if you do have the same problem, it should help.

8. jumblemind

jumblemind I also answer to Bryan Supporting Member

Aug 27, 2011
    Knoxville
    Lol, Sunday for real. Does it work with AC power (1 spot, Boss daisy chain, etc)? Or have you only uses a battery?

9. I can testify to that! :D