Big Ben or something else?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bottomendman123, Oct 17, 2005.

1. bottomendman123

Oct 17, 2005

I have an sm-900 with a Goliath III cab i'm looking to pair with the Goliath III cab. I play alot of R&B/Jazz/modern Gospel music. any suggestions would be great. I'm thinking about the Big Ben speaker don't know alot about it.
  2. Mudfuzz

Apr 3, 2004
    I'm not really up on the current Big ben, so I don't know if the specs are that same as mine. I have one of the older ones [I think it's around 12-13 years old, I've had it for 11-12 years], Bag End speaker, round grill, 4 ohms ect.

Big fat sound without being muddy no matter what amp you run it with. I use it with a MM HD 212.
  3. pickles

pickles Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    Big ben is 8 ohms as far as I know, and it really fills a room with deep bass, that can be a blessing or a curse. I really like the old SWR Triad as a companion to an SWR 410.
  4. Larry99

Larry99 Supporting Member

Aug 17, 2005
    Philadelphia, PA
    I also have one of the older models (w/the bag end speaker) for about 10 yrs now and it still sounds great. Mine is an 8 ohm cab. I pair it with a Goliath Jr (2x10) and it sounds great. I used to use it bi-amped in a crossover setup but I now feel it sounds better with both cabs taking the full freq range. The big ben even sounds pretty good by itself. Is Fender still using the bag end speaker in these?