Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

BIG BLOCK...not a hemi

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by rekesbass, Apr 13, 2004.

1. (megaphone voice on): MONDAY,MONDAY!!! went to music store to pick up my new simul-state powerd MESA Big Block 750!! (megaphone voice off) just traded my m-pulse 600 for it..could'nt be happier.hav'nt giged with it yet but I will on thurs.I'm sure it will live up to my expectations....I'll try to get a review up soon...BTW,am I the first one here to own one???

2. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    C'mon...it's not real until there are pictures! "And you know this, maaan!"

3. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Review please. Pics. I refuse to believe until see them.

4. pictures??? that I can do...give me a few minutes

5. Benjamin Strange

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    You didn't come prepared when you posted, and you have the gall to ask for a few minutes! How dare you!

:D

6. Im a sock

Im a sock

Dec 23, 2002
    Central MA
    Jeeeeeez! I have to WAIT now?

Can you believe this guy?

7. Benjamin Strange

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Yeah! What a maroon!

8. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    tick-tock, tick-tock, tick-tock... :D ;)

9. Sorry about the wait, here's the "quick" pictures

10. I know the pics suck but I'm havin tech difficulties..I'm a comp moron

11. can't quite figure out how to make the file smaller..but not so small that you need a mag glass...the images are much larger in my cpu, but when I upload them here they're too big...I don't get it

12. someone asked about the weight...there is no posted weight for this amp,but it does'nt seem to weigh any more than my 600 did and I think that weighed in around 38lbs....I'm a sock,noticed your from Albany NY area...me too

13. 810wmb

810wmb

Jan 29, 2000
    at what ohms does the amp deliver the full 750 watts?

2, 4, or 8 ohms??? :confused:

14. 810wmb

810wmb

Jan 29, 2000
    bumpin' up :ninja:

15. the manual says "your big block was designed so that it will deliver its maximum power(750 watts RMS)@ an impedance of 2Ohmsand can do so without worry of overheating."

16. Benjamin Strange

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    As a big time Boogie fan, I will have to say I am a bit disappointed with this amp. They are marketing it like it's a huge amp, with tons of power, yet it's only rated 150 watts more than the MPulse 600.

I undestand that it's a different amp, with a different approach than their other stuff, but why make a big fuss about it's power rating, especially when it only puts that out into 2 ohms? I think if they were really going to go for serious power they should have gone for 1000 watts into 4 ohms, at least. How much power does the biggest Ampeg head put out? Don't they have one rated at around 1600? Why couldn't Boogie do that?

Granted, the amp may sound great, and not many people need that kind of power, but why make such a big deal out of 150 watts?

17. Benjamin Strange

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Yeah, doesn't make much sense does it? I think Boogie is missing the mark the way they are presenting this amp. Of course, if it sounds good, who cares?

How does it sound, by the way?

18. "they DO exist!"
    [​IMG]

19. for me it's not even about the power,the 600 was enough but it had a bells and whistles that I never used..the sound is a little different too,the 750 seems to "breathe" more.maybe because of the 4 pre-amp tubes as opposed to the 2 in the 600,I don't know,but it's different.

20. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    I should be getting my m-pulse 600 tomorrow or friday, I'm really excited. Why didn't you like the m-pulse? Was just time for a change? Do you like that overdrive tone better?