Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Big Choice

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Bob Clayton, May 4, 2003.

1. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    i currently play bass in my band....(duh!)....but we have always wanted a second guitarist....

the other guys in the band heard me playing guitar the other day...and they want me to be the second guitarist....

we would just find another bassist....

has this ever happened to anyone? and what did you say?....

bp13

2. bentem

bentem

Oct 18, 2002
    Rockville, MD
    Ive been on the other side- we wanted our guitarist/singer to play drums, but he didnt. If i were you, i would do the same, unless it is absolutley crutial to your band.

3. If you become a guitarist your fired from this website.;)

Seriously: do what you want to! You only live once.

4. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    :D

nah...im still debating....i love the bass....but i wanna do whats best for the band

bp13

5. Ask yourself this...

What if you guys make it big? you'll be known for your guitar skills,and not your bass skills...

what if the other guitarist doesn't like your style and decides you're rythm(which I heard is boring)

and...what about when you're in a tour bus,and you goto do a really hot chick...wouldn't you'd like to be known in the band to have the biggest wood*?

* - Neck of the bass mods;)

It's your decision...personally I'd stay w/ bass 'cause I like it more then guitar...

Just do what you want,not what others want you do to...

-Jon