1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Request Big Country tabs. Where they at?

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by clintotron, Jan 7, 2017.

Tags:
  1. clintotron

clintotron

Nov 11, 2008
    An exhaustive search for bass tabs for the band Big Country turn up nothing. Anyone have any leads on this? I'm very interested in Tony Butler's sound/style/skill and am not the best at catching all the nuances of recorded bass tracks. Any help is greatly appreciated.

2. clintotron

clintotron

Nov 11, 2008
    Nobody?

3. clintotron

clintotron

Nov 11, 2008
    Somebody has to know something.

4. Semi Actuated

Semi Actuated

Jun 29, 2015
    Clintotron,

The only Big Country bass tab or notation I've seen is for the song Big Country. I can PM a GPX file to you or a PDF of the tab if you would like. I'm not sure how good it is as I've only obtained it in the last week. I've listened to it on guitar pro, but haven't tried it myself yet.

Also are these any help?

I'm with you on Tony Butler-love his style of playing with Big Country, and The Pretenders and Pete Townshend among others. I'd certainly buy a book of transcriptions of his work-but it's been a while since he was in the spotlight, so he stays under the radar now.

ivorytower likes this.