Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Big Day Out 2003

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by kirbywrx, Jan 28, 2003.

1. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    Hey all
    yesterday was the Melbourne leg of Australias biggest music tour. The bands that played were:

JANES ADDICTION
    UNDERWORLD
    FOO FIGHTERS
    KRAFTWERK
    THE MUSIC
    LUKE SLATER
    CHICKS ON SPEED
    WILCO
    GONZALES
    JEBEDIAH
    MURDERDOLLS
    PJ HARVEY
    SPARTA
    XZIBIT
    COG
    JIMMY EAT WORLD
    MACHINE GUN FELLATIO
    THE WAIFS
    DJ KID KENOBI
    MILLENCOLIN
    WAIKIKI
    YOU AM I
    JEBEDIAH
    QUEENS OF THE STONEAGE
    LIVING END
    AUGIE MARCH
    DEFTONES
    MARK DYNAMIX
    RESIN DOGS
    DARREN PRICE
    THE VINES
    BLINDSPOTT
    CONCORD DAWN
    FRENZAL RHOMB
    PITCH BLACK
    THE D4
    THE HARD ONS
    WASH
    DJ SIR VERE
    BEXTA(live)
    1200 TECHNIQUES
    28 DAYS
    8 FOOT SATIVA
    DRY AND HEAVY
    EIGHT
    KING KAPISI
    PACIFIER
    PANAM
    PNAU
    PRESHRUNK
    ROCKET SCIENCE
    TADPOLE
    THE DATSUNS

Sorry bout the caps, i copied it straight from the web site :D

I saw 28 Days, Millencolin, Deftones, Pacifier, The Living End, The Hard On's, Cog and The Murderdolls.

they were all good, and if you like Tool, i encourage you to check out Cog. More lyrics, and the song structure is more defined, but the music is amazing, so check them out.

The days highligh was the muderdolls. After seeing Pacifier and the Deftones, these guys made them look soft. I got 2 plectrums from trip, and i got the set list. They basically played their whole album. When there was a break for a drum fill in the song, Joey would play "Air drums" that was cool, and he looks really differenet, muych shorter in person.

Anyway to all the guys that have been to the BDO, what have you though, and who would you like to see at next years. Pros, Cons ect ect

Cheers!
    -Kirbo

2. I had the pleasure of seeing Janes Addiction about a year ago, very impressive!

3. Lots of kiwi bands in there!
    Blindspott
    Concord Dawn (Evan's a friend of mine)
    Pitch Black
    Pacifier
    D4
    DJ Sir Vere
    King Kapisi
    Tadpole
    Datsuns

4. David Watts

David Watts

Aug 12, 2002
    seattle
    You didn't go see PJ? Man, I would have killed....

5. They rule. :cool:

6. I was at melbourne too.
    These are the bands I saw:

Waikiki
    Frenzal rhomb
    Pacifier
    Millencolin
    The Vines
    The Living End
    Queens Of The Stone Age
    PJ Harvey

The highlight was QOTSA. My god they were an awesome sight. I've never seen anything like it.

The low point was most definitely The Vines. It made me physically ill with its poorness.
    :( All those broken strats :(

Anyways it was a good day except for losing all my money, going hungry, getting cooked by the sun and ofcourse all of those damn barricades.

It was all worth it to see josh and nick up there doing their thing.

:D :D :D

7. Yeah, my bro went to the Sydney BDO, unfortunately I couldn't go (too young). His highlights were the Foo Fighters, Frenzal Rhomb and The Living End. I would have killed to have seen Jebediah or The Living End, as they are my two favourite bands, those who saw TLE, what were they like? Has Chris fully recovered? And what is the new drummer like?

Originally posted by kirbywrx:

Strangely enough, by brother said that they were the days 'lowlight', that they were really bad. But he didn't complain when he met them at an instore later that weekend. :rolleyes: