Big Day Out report.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by BehindTheMoon, Feb 3, 2002.

1. There were too many people, the queues were crap, it was a bit too hot and there was too much noise everywhere - too many stages. Also the sound on the main stages was a bit off for some bands.

But it was still great. Shihad, Something For Kate, Grinspoon, Garbage, Silverchair and the Tea Party all played really well, with only a few weak moments. My main gripe was with my favourite band there, the Tea Party - the sound wasn't so fantastic, and occasionally they brought out some unusual instruments just for a little while, and put them away just when it was getting good.

The highlight for me was when Jeff Martin picked out the start to Psychopomp - the guy next to me started screaming yesyesyesyesyes, which pretty much summed up my feelings. Then everyone just went nuts.

I didn't do too much, I don't feel tired at all. A little bit sore, becuase someone kneed me in the back in the Silverchair crush. No one seemed to get hurt in the moshpits, which was nice. It wasn't too loud.

The guys at the front threw water all over the crowd all through the Silverchair spot, so I rode home on the train absolutely sopping wet. All part of the fun!

One of my better days, definitely.
  2. re. The Tea Party, I can't believe they did a track like "The Messanger"- ugh- bland as anything.....

"Heaven coming down" is commercial compared with older stuff, but I still like it.