Big Day Out

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Bassman_Spike, Jan 31, 2005.

1. Hi All,

Went to the Melbourne Big Day Out on Sunday. Great day, 44,000 people packed into the showgrounds.
    I saw:
    -The Donnas
    -Eskimo Joe
    -The Hives
    -The Music
    -John Butler Trio
    -System Of A Down
    -Beastie Boys (not whole set)
    -Chemical Brothers (not whole set)

Was an awsome day. The highlights for me were The Hives, Grinspoon, and Powderfinger. Though all the bands were good. Slipknot didnt put on the show i thought they would, and i didnt really care for SOAD either, werent great live. But it was an awsome day didnt get killed in the mosh, didnt get sunburnt so it was all cool
  2. Nadav

Nov 13, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Cool. I've seen and watched live recordings of SOAD's performance at Big Day Out a few years ago, and that's about as close as I've ever gotten :cool:
  3. retitled

Feb 13, 2004
    forest hills

the new system set!! TALK NOW!!! how was it? any new songs? i heard Cigaro before but what else what new? TELL ME!!
  4. Im not a huge system fan, so i didnt really no what was new, but my friend said they played one new songs and it was "interesting".
    Sorry i dont no more about it.
  5. retitled

Feb 13, 2004
    forest hills
    only one new song? i wonder if it was the song i heard on line.. canu ask him if the lyrics wer..

"my c**K is much bigger than yours,it has you coming back for more, with the feel so pure"

or something along those lines
  6. I went to the GC a week or so back. Was fantastic. Hatebreed were the pick of the day for me. They played as one of the last bands so they had it rough, not to mention the technical problems they had. But they came out and made the wait worth it.

Slipknot put on a fantastic show here. But thats to be expected. Was disappointed that they didn't play "Purity", but they put on a heavy set nonetheless. SOAD were pretty average and most reviews I've heard haven't been too favourable, either. The Music had most people in the crowd moving and while I'm not a fan of the John Butler Trio, nor their political perspective, they were impressive. Their double bassist totally owned with his solos. Coulda struck me down with a feather after some of it. Yikes.

Great day - got horribly sunburnt. But, unlike Steph, I won't be showing my boobs.

7. Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    It's a bugger that no matter how hard I try to get to a big day out, I always end up doing something else. Usually a gig of my own, but this year I'd already volunteered to take some of my girlfriends Japanese friends to Hyde Park for a traditional Australia Day booze-up. When I realised BDO fell on Austr. Day in Sydney, I was spewin. The silly thing is it falls on Austr. Day EVERY year, but I was too stoopid to make the connection........

Ah well, there's always next year - betchya I have a gig!

There's always Homebake in December.............
  8. `ash

Feb 26, 2004
    I couldnt make it to the BDO. I will settle for the Big Day In with my finger poised over the red button
  9. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    I'd love to hear John Butler Trio live.