Big Fish

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by jenderfazz, Jan 17, 2004.

1. Has anyone seen this movie? I watched it today and I found it to be a very interesting and entertaining movie. I'm not a big fan of movies in general, and I wasn't sure if I was going to like this one. However, I very much enjoyed it. Very deep, very thought-provoking. This movie has a truly beautiful story, and quite some comedy at certain points. Definitely a movie to be seen, if you haven't already.
  2. Burton wishes he could be Cronenberg
  3. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Not as good as Burton's other works, IMO, but still a good movie. Worth the $5 I spent to go see it. Sometimes I question his casting procedures, but, then again, he has made a lot more movies than I have. ;)
  4. xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    we saw it with our friend that filmed our video; he did some work on Big Fish too, so he had a hard time watching it without giving the behind the scenes commentary. I think he said DeVito was the nicest to him.

Still not sure about the movie... but I'm a tough critic usually. It was pretty good, I didn't feel like he was yanking too hard on the lachrymal glands like a lot of directors try to do. One of Elfman's better scores too, not too obtrusive. OK I guess. 3 out of 5? But then I've never seen a 5.
  5. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Did you hear the electric bass part during the funeral scene? Very tasty and effective.
  6. P.S.
    Nice choice on YES being on the soundtrack. Very magical song for a very magical movie.
  7. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    They filmed it in my area (big deal for us!) It is amazing the illusion they created from a small town called Wetumpka. The little white church is just a couple of miles from my house.
  8. You guys whetted my movie appetite; I'm going to go see it first chance. :)