Big Gigs in TX, OK, LA, etc for Tribute Bands

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by FriscoBassAce, Aug 25, 2009.

1. FriscoBassAce

FriscoBassAce

Dec 29, 2004
    Frisco, Texas
    Independent Manufacturers Representative
    As some of you know, I am in a popular Bon Jovi tribute in Dallas. We started out two years ago and our gigs have been getting progressively bigger and better. I do most of the booking in the band, and I'm proud of the local contacts I've made and gigs I've scored.

Earlier this year, we drew an estimated 10,000 people to a local suburb's annual concert series. It was the largest crowd the city had ever seen, including any previous event of any kind, according to the local paper. So, we're ready to branch out and take our show on the road more often.

I'm looking for help, specifically referrals, recommendations, and/or contacts for festivals, concert series, large clubs and venues that book tribute bands, etc. I am thinking about cities such as Houston, San Antonio, Austin, OK City, Little Rock, Tulsa, KC, Denver, New Orleans, etc. At this point, it needs to be within a 1-days drive radius. And of course, we tend to do better at venues or events that are oriented toward rock, pop, or metal, as opposed to alt, country, jazz, punk, etc

Every big city has music festivals and such...what does your city have? What gigs has your band played in before? Which ones have you attended that might be a good fit for my act?

Any help with contacts, event and club names, or other resources would be much appreciated...

-Wayne

2. FriscoBassAce

FriscoBassAce

Dec 29, 2004
    Frisco, Texas
    We played there once in 2008. I would definitely book there again as the owner was extremely cool and the hospitality was off the charts (free food the next day even!)

What about the big warehouse-type venue near downtown? I'm spacing on the name of it right now...

3. The Meridian and Warehouse Live are both big downtown venues. No idea what they book these days tho.

4. FriscoBassAce

FriscoBassAce

Dec 29, 2004
    Frisco, Texas
    Warehouse Live...that's it! Looks like a great stage there...

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 18, 2021