1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Big Green Egg!!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Eublet, Apr 5, 2009.

1. Eublet

Eublet

Jul 28, 2006
    Anyone else have one of these? I've just picked one up. Only think I've done so far is roast a whole chicken and smoke some baby back ribs, but both times the result was excellent! Any tips out there for a newbie?

2. Linas

Linas

Jan 6, 2005
    Chicago
    My old man has one. Never cooked using it, but i can tell you that the food that comes out of it is phenominal. MMMMmmmm. Now im hungry!

3. Eublet

Eublet

Jul 28, 2006
    Yeah, I heard about it for years but never tried anything off of it. Looked at them but they were just so darn expensive. My wife, a pharmaceutical rep, to about 30 of her doctors/nurses out on a deep see fishing trip. I got to go along, and we packed a bunch of marinated chicken to take with us. The captain told us he had a grill on board and one of the deck hands would cook anything we brought. Turned out to be a BGE. It was the best tasting chicken I've ever had. Nothing special about the marinade as it was something I'd used at home many times. After that I probably had food cooked on a BGE 3 or 4 times, and each time it was incredible. So I finally bought one and even as a newbie, everything just comes off tasting great. It's hard to believe actually.

In fact, I'm smoking some baby back ribs right now, and having a few brews while I wait. Fabulous!

4. Eublet

Eublet

Jul 28, 2006
    No more love for the BGE? I'm smoking a boston butt and some baby backs tonight for a day of football and bbq tomorrow. Love my BGE!