Big Muff Bigger?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by natasmi, Jun 24, 2002.

1. natasmi

Apr 30, 2002
    Does anybody know where I could get my big muff moded to sound even better on bass? I use an octave pedal with it now and again but if there is a mod that can be done I would do it.
  2. Paul A

Paul A

Dec 13, 1999
    Hertfordshire U.K!
    I've posted it before......but......
    Anyhow, anyone reasonably o.k. with a soldering iron should be able to cope...
  3. I know how to solder - just dont know how to read schematics, so I have no idea what that was supposed to say about a modification :)
  4. Jeff Moote

Jeff Moote Supporting Member

Oct 11, 2001
    Beamsville, ON, Canada
    you probably should if you can solder... if not, why'd you learn :D

Whatever though ;)
  5. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    Wouldn't reducing the coupling caps' value from 1uF to .1uF actually cut off more bass frequencies? It seems to me increasing the value of these caps would block less bass frequencies.
  6. natasmi

Apr 30, 2002
    Wow! , I made this post a while ago. Anyway I did make my big muff bigger. I sent it to Robert Keeley and for a tiny bit of cash he swapped the caps for me. Huge difference! I posted a review in the effects section of harmony central under Robert Keeley, check it out, and you will know all about it. I am very happy with it. I'd post a link but I'm to good with these fancy video typewriter computer things.