Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Big Muff BLS - $70 shipped

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by MJ5150, Feb 5, 2005.

1. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    What we have here is a electro-harmonix Big Muff pedal modded for bass. The mod was done by TB's own pedal pro...tplyons. There is no power supply, but it can operate on batteries. It is a great pedal, and adds a warm fuzz to your sound. I have had lot's of fun with it, and now it is time to move on. This is the only pedal of it's kind in existence. As you can see by the pictures, it has been used. It isn't thrashed on, but it does have some scratches in it....heck it is a pedal that you step on. :)

I'll consider trades, but I don't want any other effects pedals. The price is firm unless you meet me to pick it up. I check in at TB several times a day, so you can PM me if you want. E-mail works as well.

-Mike

Attached Files:

2. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I don't know much about this, so I may be talking over my head. Hopefully tpylons can help me out....he did something with the caps I believe.

-Mike

3. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I swapped out a couple capacitors and a resistor or two. I did this about two? years ago and don't quite remember what I did to it, but I do know it improved bass response and warmed the tone up significantly.

Not to toot my own horn, but this was my favorite out of over a dozen Muffs I've owned.

4. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    P.S. It has been modified for BOSS type power adapters, not the EH standard 1/8".

5. How much you want for it picked up?
    What are you looking for in trade?

6. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    $60 if you want to meet in town...

Trades.....cover for my 112 Epi, new unused strings for my Fender Jazz, pickguard for same Jazz. Cash where necessary added to these items. I'm not looking to make a killing on this pedal, just get back my investment.

You wanna meet up before the Super Bowl? I'm by the Lacey post office.

-Mike

7. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Pedal has been SOLD to blipndub. Local deals are awesome!

-Mike