1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Big Muff, LBM, Bluebeard, etc --> Envelope Filters

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by elbastardo, Jun 4, 2007.

1. OK guys... i've searched the whole forum and didnt find any answer on this.

I'm planning to get a bass fuzz, but i'm curious about how each different fuzz will trigger an envelope filter (or similar type of effect), could you please share some of your experience ??

FYI im using the Pigtronix EP-1... and currently GASsing for either a Bluebeard or one of those Modded Russian Muff

Thx heaps guys

2. Liten

Liten

Jan 26, 2007
    Sweden
    I use a LBM into a Q-tron.. Love it.. The q-tron boost the signal some what so the freq loss of the fuzz doesent become that apparent.. Add an Octaver before the fuzz and you got a realy good synth sound..

I also use a Moollon bass drive before the Q-tron wich makes a better solo sound IMO..

With all pedals active (Octaver, Fuzz, OD, Envelope, Chorus) I actually get a pretty wild harsh gnarly/funky synth..

3. wingnutkj

wingnutkj

Mar 27, 2003
    Scotland
    In the past, I've used a Vox Auto-Wah into a Tech21 XXL to get some crazy sounds. I found that putting the distortion after the filter worked better, but that'll depend on the how adjustable the sensitivity of the filter is.

4. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    Yep. The OD tends to reduce your attack - or rob your punch - which is why I don't run one. If you do, it would be best after the filter assuming that the filter is a good one.

5. With the Pigtronix you have some options for making this type of setup work. For example you could use a splitter to send a clean signal to your sidechain in for triggering the envelope and send the fuzz signal in to the main input for processing. This way you can maintain your dynamic control over the filter sweep that goes over the fuzz signal. The sidechain in is probably the coolest feature that the Pigtronix offers.

6. markjazzbassist

markjazzbassist Supporting Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Lakewood, OH
    i run an octaver, overdrive and fuzz into my envelope filter. It's great, you can get all kinds of synthy sounds. everytime you change one pedal you get a different sound.

it's kinda like having a bass synth, but without the ease of just adjusting the bass synth pedal.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 27, 2021