Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

BIG MUFF W REAL BOTTOM END...

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by fretless72, Mar 31, 2004.

1. fretless72

fretless72

Mar 30, 2004
    Hi.

i have a new Rissina Bif Muff (black one), beatiful mids fuzz but loss the fat sound of my bass...

Anybody know how can i do to keep a bit more my bottom end??.

Thanks.

2. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Replace the output cap with one of a slightly higher value. It works, MJ5150 can attest to my mods :)

3. fretless72

fretless72

Mar 30, 2004
    Tanks a lot but i don't know how to do and i don't know exactly what's that output cap... (I can hardly understand english languaje...)

4. Droog

Droog

Aug 14, 2003
    PDX
    What Cap would you recomend? Or whats a good source for one?

5. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I can't remember what I used. But for some reason I think I put a 4.7uF cap in place of the 1.0uF in C10.

6. dirtgroove

dirtgroove

Jan 10, 2003
    Taipei, Taiwan
    I came into posession of one of these just a few weeks ago.
    I have to ask- Where do you guys start off. Where do you even begin knowing how to make adjustments like this?
    Is there a website that will tell me what and how to adjust/ replace an output cap?
    Where do I begin with this... .. I'd really be so grateful. Trying to get modifications done in this city is mission impossible.

7. will

will

May 16, 2004
    hi, i have recently ought a big muff for my active 5 string bass, and have come across a big problem !!
    basically i plug into the active input on the amp as the bass is active, all is fine in bypass mode, but when i switch the big muff on, it changes the impedance to "passive" level, and the only way i can get it to work is by hafing the volume control on virtually full....
    :meh: :help: :help: :help:
    does anyone have any ideas as to how i can fix this? surely all bassists with active pickups have this problem?
    if you have ideas please email me at iwillspiralout@aol.com coz i dont ge the chance to surf this site too often
    thanx a lot :)