1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

BIG MUFF W REAL BOTTOM END...

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by fretless72, Mar 31, 2004.

1. fretless72

fretless72

Mar 30, 2004
    Hi.

i have a new Rissina Bif Muff (black one), beatiful mids fuzz but loss the fat sound of my bass...

Anybody know how can i do to keep a bit more my bottom end??.

Thanks.

2. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Replace the output cap with one of a slightly higher value. It works, MJ5150 can attest to my mods :)

3. fretless72

fretless72

Mar 30, 2004
    Tanks a lot but i don't know how to do and i don't know exactly what's that output cap... (I can hardly understand english languaje...)

4. Droog

Droog

Aug 14, 2003
    PDX
    What Cap would you recomend? Or whats a good source for one?

5. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I can't remember what I used. But for some reason I think I put a 4.7uF cap in place of the 1.0uF in C10.

6. dirtgroove

dirtgroove

Jan 10, 2003
    Taipei, Taiwan
    I came into posession of one of these just a few weeks ago.
    I have to ask- Where do you guys start off. Where do you even begin knowing how to make adjustments like this?
    Is there a website that will tell me what and how to adjust/ replace an output cap?
    Where do I begin with this... .. I'd really be so grateful. Trying to get modifications done in this city is mission impossible.

7. will

will

May 16, 2004
    hi, i have recently ought a big muff for my active 5 string bass, and have come across a big problem !!
    basically i plug into the active input on the amp as the bass is active, all is fine in bypass mode, but when i switch the big muff on, it changes the impedance to "passive" level, and the only way i can get it to work is by hafing the volume control on virtually full....
    :meh: :help: :help: :help:
    does anyone have any ideas as to how i can fix this? surely all bassists with active pickups have this problem?
    if you have ideas please email me at iwillspiralout@aol.com coz i dont ge the chance to surf this site too often
    thanx a lot :)