1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Big Muff

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by mtshark, Nov 23, 2010.

1. mtshark

mtshark

Nov 28, 2008
    I'm asking for a Bass Big Muff for Christmas. From what I've heard it's a pretty good pedal, bit is there anything I should be concerned or warned about so I don't have second thoughts about it?

2. MRDOOM

MRDOOM

Jul 16, 2009
    Utah
    No.

3. mtshark

mtshark

Nov 28, 2008
    Oh, and can this also double as a straight up (guitar) Big Muff?

4. WardEarth

WardEarth Supporting Member

Feb 18, 2010
    Anchormanville, CA
    I think so, but im sure it sounds different than the guitar version.
    I've had the muff pi for over a year, its a great pedal. I'm sure there are nicer and more expensive fuzz's out there

5. watch out for some of the newer ones. ive herd theres a drop in volume compered to the old ones (like mine) but its a great pedal.

my old 80's one only cost me £20

6. dannybuoy

dannybuoy

Aug 3, 2005
    England
    There's no volume drop, on the other hand if you use it in dry mode you get an annoying volume boost (but you can mod it fairly easily). It sounds awesome on guitar too.

There may be nicer and more expensive fuzzes out there but I've owned loads of them but the Bass Big Muff is the only one to remain on my board. For the price you can't go wrong. Some people say it's a bit bland sounding, but you can always get a bit more high gain snarl out of it by putting an overdrive pedal in front.

7. g_familia

g_familia

Nov 23, 2010
    i love the bass big muff - it's great! one thing, though, like any fuzz, it's going sound different (a bit fuzzier, or bit fatter, or a bit thinner, or a bit more distorted, or bit weaker, etc) depending on which amp you're sending the signal to or if you're going through the DI. if you're always using the same amp, no problem. but if you're using different amps at different places, give it a good check before assuming your level and tone settings are good. but it's definitely worth having that pedal - well worth the price!