SOLD Big 'ol Basket of Bass Strings

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by Bassbwithu, Aug 18, 2019.

1. Bassbwithu

Bassbwithu Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2004
    McKinney, TX
    Price:
    I have no idea how to price this. It's a whole mess of strings. Best Offer accepted.

Big 'ol Basket Of Used And Gently Used Electric Bass Strings. Cleaning house and selling off nearly 50 sets of bass strings I've accumulated over several years of playing. I love flatwounds, and I often changed sets to bring out different subtleties in my instruments or to nail certain vintage and modern tones. Several roundwounds are in the mix, both nickel and stainless, as well as quarter rounds, half rounds, and tape wounds. Most have been cut for 34" scale basses, though probably a few for 35", and quite possibly one or two for a shorter scale bass. I've never boiled my strings, so all of these rounds would be good for a boil if that's what you choose. Most strings were flats that I changed long before they needed changing (if that's ever), just to try a new set or catch a different vibe. The stainless rounds would have all been changed with quite a bit of life left as I often changed to a newer set for a really bright tone. And the nickels all sound like dead stainless anyway so...;-) .

I can't identify all of these, and I can't guarantee they are all complete, though most are. Some have been mixed up here and there, but if you spend a little time with it, you'll be able to match the sets with the different color windings, alloy coloring, etc. You will find these brands in here: Thomastik Infeld Jazz Flats, Superalloys, Daddario Chromes, Pro Steels, NYXL, XLs, Half Rounds, Nylon Tape, GHS Brite Flats, Precision Flats, Super Steels, Alleva Coppolo, Lakland Joe Osborn, Dunlop Marcus Miller, Super Bright, Nickel, DR Hi Beams, Fat Beams, Legends, La Bella Hard Rockin' Steels, Black Nylon, James Jamerson, Fender Flatwounds, RotoSound Swing Bass 66, Pyramid Gold Flatwound

Going through, I can estimate what is here, and most sets are complete.

Fender Flats
    DR 5 string Hi Beam or Fatbeams (3 sets)
    Pyramid Gold (2 sets)
    approx 10 sets of DR Hi Beam or Fat Beam sets
    3 Thomastik Infeld Jazz Flats
    4 Thomastik Infeld Jazz Flats 5 strings w/ Lo B
    approx 8 sets of Daddario Chromes w/ several Lo B strings
    possibly a set of RotoSound 66
    possibly a 5 string Dunlop set
    2 sets of LaBella Rounds
    4 sets of Alleva Coppolo strings
    2 sets of TapeWound Strings
    2 sets of Daddario rounds
    Maybe a Joe Osborn flats set
    A couple of mysterious sets of rounds
    a set of Quarter Rounds, possibly 2 sets one with a lo B
    2 sets of light blue winding flats (not chromes)
    mysterious 5 string set of Rounds

Unfortunately, I didn't keep myself organized and label all of these like I should, but this is a pretty massive collection of strings that are really expensive brand new and will still give you plenty of playing time (especially with the tapes and flatwounds) . With the Thomastiks alone, we are talking about over $800 worth of strings.

Attached Files:

sunbeast likes this.
  2. sunbeast

sunbeast Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    If you decide to separate some TI flats I’d probably be interested!

3. Bassbwithu

Bassbwithu Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2004
    McKinney, TX
    I'd really like to sell as a lot, but if that doesn't happen in the next week or so, I'll separate.

sunbeast likes this.
  4. Cutter8

Cutter8 Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2018
    Georgia
    For your sake, I hope the whole lot sells. Someone smart enough to buy the whole bundle will be getting quite a deal!

If you do decide to separate, I’d like to buy the Pyramid sets. GLWTS.

5. Slod

Slod Supporting Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Montreal QC
    Interested in the Thomastik 5 strings set w/low B. Thanks

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 15, 2021