Big ol' brown truck delivered me something (no pics you have been warned)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by OxhadokenxO, Aug 21, 2002.

1. :D The kind Mr. UPSMan Delivered my Essex SJB-62 in metallic red approximately 1 hour ago...I of course (carefully) ripped it out of both layers of box and the rest of the packaging threw aside the catalog and plugged it in...The first thing I noticed is the major difference in sound between it and my old bass (which if you've seen my posts as of late know it's a piece of junk)...It's not just a better bass sound it's totally different...I need a tuner...because I suck I STILL CAN'T TELL IF IT'S PERFECTLY IN TUNE...I've only Been playing around 2 months and since my dad Tuned my ol' free hunkajunk I didn't bother to learn...I should have....Anyway back to the bass It sounds a lot more cheery and bright than my old one which was very dull...but alot of this difference could come from what I stated a second ago...out of tune maybe? Anyone else get a Essex that wasn't in tune when they got it? Everything seems to be made me a second to find out the knobs since they weren't labeled in any big deal and started playing...too bad I had to quit and go back and finish some school work up...Sorry I don't have any pics..but I don't have a digital camera and of course couldn't have any developed by now. If your interested in what it looks like go to and look at the SJB-62....Well...I'm off!
  2. Sweet man! I love my SJB-62. I got mine in black, and it seems to get the majority of my playing time.

Congrats on the new bass, and go get a tuner! :D