Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Big ol' brown truck delivered me something (no pics you have been warned)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by OxhadokenxO, Aug 21, 2002.

1. :D The kind Mr. UPSMan Delivered my Essex SJB-62 in metallic red approximately 1 hour ago...I of course (carefully) ripped it out of both layers of box and the rest of the packaging threw aside the catalog and plugged it in...The first thing I noticed is the major difference in sound between it and my old bass (which if you've seen my posts as of late know it's a piece of junk)...It's not just a better bass sound it's totally different...I need a tuner...because I suck I STILL CAN'T TELL IF IT'S PERFECTLY IN TUNE...I've only Been playing around 2 months and since my dad Tuned my ol' free hunkajunk I didn't bother to learn...I should have....Anyway back to the bass It sounds a lot more cheery and bright than my old one which was very dull...but alot of this difference could come from what I stated a second ago...out of tune maybe? Anyone else get a Essex that wasn't in tune when they got it? Everything seems to be made well...to me a second to find out the knobs since they weren't labeled in any way....no big deal and started playing...too bad I had to quit and go back and finish some school work up...Sorry I don't have any pics..but I don't have a digital camera and of course couldn't have any developed by now. If your interested in what it looks like go to rondomusic.com and look at the SJB-62....Well...I'm off!

2. Sweet man! I love my SJB-62. I got mine in black, and it seems to get the majority of my playing time.

Congrats on the new bass, and go get a tuner! :D