1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD BIG Price DROP Vintage 1975 Fender Jazz $1399 OBO Trades Considered

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by BigDanT, Sep 7, 2016.

1. BigDanT

BigDanT Supporting Member

Aug 26, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Price:
    $1399
    Strings:
    1975 Fender Jazz Bass
    Funk Factory

$1699 OBO/ Trades Considered
    NOW $1399 for the Weekend

I just got this bass in trade off of a fellow TBer (ChromeDome) and it is pretty remarkable but I think I am just looking for something a bit different. I keep shifting P-basses but then something keeps drawing me back to them (probably sounds familiar to a lot of you). I am basically looking to get back what I have in this.

This bass is rich with history but it is a player, not a collector’s item. If you are looking to rock a vintage Fender Jazz with a smooth neck and some thundering bite, this little mamma is for you!

The story I got is that this bass used to be owned by the Dayton School system for use in their music department. The fellow who owned it next was a music teacher in the school system who bought it in an instrument sale.

The neck is original and dates to early Jan/Feb 1975, so it is the sturdy four-bolt model. The neck plays incredibly smooth, truss turns and it sets up with nice low action.

The body has a beautiful grain on it but it has been refinished. It does have its share of dings but nothing really noticeable (a little divot by the truss notch and a couple dings on the front).

Because it has been refinished it doesn't have that thick coating and is lighter than other 70s basses I've played. I don't have an exact weight on it because I don't have anything but a bathroom scale. (If this is a deal maker for you please PM me and I will take it somewhere to weigh it.)

I have tried to show any of the dings best I can in the pics.

I have shielded the body (with tape) to all but eliminate the 60-cycle hum so prevalent in many 70s era-jazz basses.

This bass grabs that 70s sound and really cuts through!

The pickups and pots have been changed on the bass. I am unsure what pickups are in the bass right now but they sound good. My guitar tech said there is a possibility that they are original because they look old but I am pricing the bass as if they are not. If they are original they have definitely had the wires and covers replaced.

The original pots and an extra set of pickups will come with bass (it looks like the extra pups may be early DiMarzios). The original pots appear to date to July 1974. I can't verify whether these pots work but I believe the previous owner just changed out the whole harness when he changed pups.

The bass also has newer 70s Fender tuners, threaded bridge, bridge and pickup covers and a newer period-correct pickguard. I believe the bridge cover may be original because, though polished, it shows some corrosion and pitting.

The original bridge and control cover are not installed but would come with the bass. Most of the pickup screws, pickguard screws, etc. have been replaced.

Also comes with Fender HSC in traveled but useable shape.

Please ask any questions or request any additional photos on this one as I want to be as transparent as possible.

Looking for a sale or would entertain trades for a newer P-bass or possibly P/J or Jazz. Would be willing to do some cash coming my direction +trade but I am not looking to add any scratch to a deal right now.

Hit me up with whatever you have and if I'm not interested I will give you a polite no thanks.

Like everything in life, price is negotiable. I would also be willing to travel (within reason) throughout the Midwest to deliver/swap.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 10, 2016
    brennanmcnally likes this.
  2. BigDanT

Aug 26, 2011
    Indianapolis
    All PMs replied to.

3. BigDanT

Aug 26, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Trade interests would include four string passive basses. Fender Js, Ps, PJs, Rics, G&L, Lakland, etc.

4. BigDanT

Aug 26, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Open to offers so don't be shy. Though if it doesn't move it wouldn't break my heart.

5. BigDanT

Aug 26, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Price lowered. My GAS = your lucky day. Last price drop $1399. Shipped CONUS. Let's move this hot jazz!!

Last edited: Sep 10, 2016
  6. BigDanT

Aug 26, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Weekend sale!

7. BigDanT

Aug 26, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Would like to do a trade for a newer am standard precision or G&l lb100 plus some cash my way.

8. BigDanT

Aug 26, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Honestly going back and forth on if I want to sell/trade this. A sweet bass for someone.

9. BigDanT

Aug 26, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Trade/sale pending