1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Big problem with new jazz bass

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Oberg, Mar 25, 2009.

1. Oberg

Oberg

Apr 10, 2005
    Hello, i just bought a beutiful LPB Bacchus 62 reissue bass from Ebay, got it tuned here in sweden at a local luthier, they adjusted the neck and the string height.

so i havent played it until now. so this evening i noticed a realy big problem, first the neck pickup almoste dident make any sound at all but the bridge pickup worked fine, so i stuck some old sennheiser HD-414 earpads under the neck pickup to get it closer to the strings and that helpt, but now the bridge pickups dosent get any bass freq just some treble so the sound is were distant.

i don´t know whats wrong, checked the cabeling and nothing is wrong!

does anyone have an idé?

2. rumblethump

rumblethump Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2000
    Pioneer CA. 95666
    Check the pickup with an ohm meter. Any thing else would be guess work/ trial and error. Find out first if your pickup is good. Then it becomes much easier to trace out the problem.