Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Big purchase decision! HELP!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bassman60, Aug 6, 2002.

1. bassman60

bassman60

Jun 5, 2001
    ok, I want to upgrade my speaker set-up. I have tried everything and I like the tone of Ampeg the best. I know everyone may not agree with me but that is what my ears tell me. So anyways, I am very indecisive between these two options. Should I get a SVT 1x15e and add it to my current Peavey 410 and head and then add an ampeg svt 4x10he later??? Or should I just go ahead and buy an ampeg 6x10 hlf and not add anything else. I really like both of these set-ups. What would you guys suggest??? Portability is an issue so I am leaning twoards the 4x10 and 1x15 set-up. The only thing I don't like about that is that the SVT 410he isn't ported so it doesn't have as much low end as my Peavey 4x10 cab. So if I want the low end on smaller gigs I'd half to use just the 1x15 alone. Please help, I can't decide!!!!

Peace,
    Josh

2. ndjx

ndjx

Oct 26, 2001
    MN
    If you can deal with it, get the 610HLF that is a great can. Otherwise you may even wanna try a SVT210HE with the 1x15 if portability is really an issue.

3. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk

Apr 14, 2001
    Pennsylvania
    Get the 115 and put it up with your current 410. See if you like that first. If so, why would you get rid of the Peavey?

I wouldn't advise getting a 610 unless you have a moving van and a couple of roadies. Seriously.

I also like, and use, a 210/115. It's plenty loud. I had that set up with a 410 supplied by the venue last show. I sort of like the idea of adding a 410.
    210/410/115...It's a super rig. As long as I can find an 8ohm 410 to give me either 4ohms per side or 2ohms bridged. I ended up pointng the 410 over toward the drummer.

I say, keep the 410, add a 115 next, then get a 210 or replace the 410 with a 210.