Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Big String

Discussion in 'Feedback Forum' started by bassminister, Feb 1, 2005.

1. Dean is one of the nicest guys I've met. He went the extra mile to make sure that the Sadowsky Metro I bought from him was packed properly and he even shipped it 2 day for me. Great communication with phone calls and emails to update me on the shipping etc...

If he ever has anything else for sale, don't worry one second that your going to get ripped off! This guys is the best! Thanks again Dean!

2. poman

poman Supporting Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Ga.
    I've done all kinds of business with Aaron.....he's as good as it gets ! :bassist:

3. Budbear

Budbear Supporting Member

Nov 13, 2004
    Staten Island, NYC
    Dean is a pleasure to do business with. I bought a very nice Lakland from him & it was exactly as advertised, packed better than any other instument I've ever bought-and that's quite a few-and was shipped with an obsessive concern for its security. All in all a very positive experience. A pleasant & honest man, he's a credit to the bass community. :D

4. Senor SQUID

Senor SQUID Guest

Jan 11, 2004
    What can I say Dean is one of the great ones to deal with. As they say about him FUGHETABOUDIT!! Very easy to deal with. He shipped my LAKLAND in a case that I purchased from Lakland like it was brand new!! He answered all of my questions about the bass and forwarded me the tracking # as soon as it went out. Great guy and I made a new friend as well. 2 thumbs up for the Big String! ;)

5. the dude

the dude Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2004
    Indy
    What do you say about a tb icon?

Guess I'd have to say that I wasn't surprised (a good thing) - Dean's as honest, forthright & fair as the impression I had from reading his posts and PMs.

Hey, anybody who keeps the original manufacturer's shipping box for a bass cabinet is o.k. by me. (Always good to see I'm not the only one!)

Thanks Dean! Great transaction and good to finally meet you in person!

6. Big String is a great guy to do business with. He communicated well during our transaction with quick email responses, and he shipped out my Epifani cab the same day he received my payment. He was very clear in his correspondence with me about what I was getting from him - at one point he thought I may have misunderstood something about the item I was buying, so he sent me an email to clarify.

His shipping was expertly done with the original packing material - I found his packing job to be better than the work of some prominent bass gear retailers. He is also very honest - after he shipped my cab, he found out that the shipping estimate was overstated, so he offered to send me back the difference.

All in all, I would not hesitate to do business with him again. Like others have said, he is one of the great ones to deal with, a class act.

7. the dude

the dude Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2004
    Indy
    Another great transaction with this TB legend.

This guy buys great gear and takes good care of it. If you have a chance to buy something from Dean, grab it quick, 'cos it's definitely good stuff - and the transaction will be a smooth one.

Thanks again!

8. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    bought a WWU from Dean. He was really easy to work with, and very accomodating