1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Big surprise.Big bottom,this cabs got'em

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by M.J.F., Jan 14, 2017.

Tags:
  1. M.J.F.

M.J.F.

Feb 1, 2015
    west coast
    After selling my vintage Davis Eden D-153-T cab I was on the lookout for a replacement.Scouring the local ads,I found zip.Basically looking for a smaller more mobile cab to do everything I knew was impossible,considering my budget.Of all places was the local music store.They just got a trade in on a small Genz Benz 15-tweeter cab.I thought,oh well seeing as how i'm here.Well,I was shocked!Plugging in a 5 string this cab little cab has huge deep tight bottom.Out of this small-perhaps just over 3 cubic feet.A G.B Focus 115-t cab.But alas,the woofer ,being roasted was replace with an Eminence Kappa-Pro 15 FLA.Probably not really designed for this slot ported cab,but what a huge basement this thing has.My 5'r has never sounded as tight and deep.Yikes!With the tweeter horn it works-good enough to gig with alone,but being an 8 ohm cab with 100 db sens this thing rocks.Also hear me out as saying I'm a seasoned-45 yr.player,I knowz whats i like.Highly recommend this driver

fast slapper likes this.
  2. Grumry

Grumry

Jul 6, 2016
    Nashville
    So, did you buy it?

3. M.J.F.

M.J.F.

Feb 1, 2015
    west coast
    Yes I did.I did leave the store but turned around thinking i will never find anything better for the price.It's a new 600 watt woofer in a mint,nice cab.