Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Big Surprise - SWR Support = Thumbs Up!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Quadzilla, Oct 21, 2005.

1. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

I know that a lot of people have bashed SWR's customer support since the Fender take-over, but I got to tell ya, I had a very pleasant couple of surprises this week. I emailed them twice.

First Contact Item:

Earlier this week I emailed them about finding a Mo' Controller (foot pedal) for the Mo' Bass Head. The email was responded to within 48 hrs and the gentleman told me that he had checked all stock and could not find one in any of the warehouses but told me manufacturing dates and other info that was helpful including multiple suggesstions of other sources/places to try.

Second Contact Item:

I emailed them this morning on a question about the electronics on the Mo' head. The same gentleman (John Kinney) replied to me in less than two hours with suggestions and 7 PDF's containing schematics on the head stages, etc as well as one for the foot controller.

In my book, that's world class customer support. Maybe I just got lucky or they've really stepped it up over there, not sure. In any event, I'm one happy customer from a support side that is...

2. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    That's cool. Maybe they have read some of the complaints on customer service and decided they had better get with the program. ;)

Seriously, though, it is good to hear positive experiences like that.

3. Mcrelly

Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    It would be really nice to see old favorite manufacturers to continue making great/classic and ground breaking products even after being aquired by conglomerates. The new owner benfits, the remaining employees benefit, and of course the faithful cutomers win too!!!

This hits close to home because I'm considering buying a barely used Eden WT300 head. Just crossing my fingers that I can get good service if I need it! the amp is about 11 years old, but looks like is been very lightly used. very clean inside.

4. popinfresh

popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    You have a 'Mo?

5. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Yep, got a Mo'...