1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

BIG TEX '51 PRECISION COPY FS/T

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by bluesfan216, Mar 31, 2009.

1. bluesfan216

bluesfan216

Oct 9, 2008
    Arkansas
    Here is a one-of-a-kind bass. It is a Big Tex. You can check them out at bigtexguitars.com. They built one of the Teles that Billy Gibbons is currently touring with. Anyway, this bass is one of one. It was built for a friend of the owner. I saw it at the Arlington show, and ended up with it. Well, now I need some funds. This has a Chandler pick-up and pickguard, and the bass weighs just over 7.5 pounds. It is set up with D-addario Chromes and plays great. It has a "relic" finish. It will ship in a padded gig bag. Big Tex guitars sell for 1699. I am looking for 1200 OBO, or a trade for an acoustic bass guitar + cash, OR Mexican Jazz bass + cash, or a nice 4x10 8ohm cab + cash.

Photos:

guitarshots026.

guitarshots028.

guitarshots029.

guitarshots027.

2. emblymouse

emblymouse exempt Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2006
    W'Sconsin
    Wicked thing! Is the neck pretty much like all the other 51 RI's shape/sizewise?

3. bluesfan216

bluesfan216

Oct 9, 2008
    Arkansas
    It feels like it's closest to a Fender "c" neck to me. Very comfortable! Thanks.

4. I wish I had the cojones to rock that. Don't really want the bass(nice as it is :)), just wish I had the cojones. :D
    Sweet looker.

5. JoshB

JoshB A great man is always willing to be little. -RWE Supporting Member

Sexy bass!

6. DaveDeVille

DaveDeVille ... you talkin' to me ?? Supporting Member

uh oh ...
    :ninja:

PM to you sir .
    :D

7. How wide is the neck at the nut? 1.75"?

Thanks,
    David

8. bluesfan216

bluesfan216

Oct 9, 2008
    Arkansas
    David,

It is 1 5/8.

Thanks,
    John

9. TFM53

TFM53

Oct 16, 2008
    Iowa
    Really a great lookin bass.I bet it is a dream to play too.I had 2 original Fender 51's.I do so love 'em.Now have only one,gave one to my oldest Grandson.Good luck with your sell or trade.
    T

10. emblymouse

emblymouse exempt Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2006
    W'Sconsin
    offer made:)

11. bluesfan216

bluesfan216

Oct 9, 2008
    Arkansas
    Bump, a couple of interesting trades working, but the bass is still available.

12. bluesfan216

bluesfan216

Oct 9, 2008
    Arkansas
    Trade deal in the works, thanks Jeremy