1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

big ups to DR Lo-riders!

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by xshawnxearthx, Sep 19, 2008.

1. xshawnxearthx

xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    been a big fan of dr hi-beams for years. been meaning to try lo-riders for awhile but was afraid i would be wasting money. one of my friends suggested them so i said why not, this dude uses them for the same application and they sound good.

sooo i traded in an un-used set of hi-beams for stainless lo-riders. love the slightly added tension for down tuning and they sound like broken in hi beams right out of the box. this is all unplugged of course because i'm a my job, but man, they feel and sound great acoustically(how i judge most strings).

2. MAJORdorMo

MAJORdorMo

Aug 24, 2007
    If you like the sound of them right out of the box, you wont like them in 1-4 weeks. They'll get to more of a duller thump.

3. ()smoke()

()smoke()

Feb 25, 2006
    Dallas

they don't change quite that drastically...i like them new and they settle in well too:)

4. xshawnxearthx

xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    dull thump is ok. dead thump is not. it really all depends on how they last over the next few weeks. especially after some gigs