1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Big Wreck - Ghosts : Bass Line

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by NightW0lf, Jun 4, 2014.

1. Sexy

7 vote(s)
    63.6%
  2. Not bad

4 vote(s)
    36.4%
  3. Meh

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Ugly

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Carrots

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. What do you think of this bass line / tone ?

The album should come out in a week or so..

:bassist:

2. Mytola

Mytola

Jun 1, 2007
    Norway
    As far as I could tell from a video full of youtube compression, the bass really sounds good, yep! The drums sound really flat and dead, and the vocals could use a bit less reverb though. IMO, of course...

3. I agree, but I have to admit, I mostly listened to that F Bass tone ;)

4. mmbongo

mmbongo Five Time World Champion Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    lol I started the same thread over a month ago, although with a totally different title as a joke that went over everybody's head :)
    http://www.talkbass.com/threads/im-old-and-current-music-stinks.1074270/

I still love it and was surprised by all the hate that my fellow bass players have for this song and the bass line. 'Sounds like the Knight Rider theme' was my favorite comment, followed by the guy who said the vocalist sounds exactly like Sting. I had to go back and verify that I linked the right video! I still think that it brings up the wrong video for some people. That's the only explanation I can think of.

My thread is 6 pages of bass players hating this song. I hope yours goes better :)

Full album is streaming here:
    http://exclaim.ca/MusicVideo/ClickHear/big_wreck-ghosts_album_stream

fraublugher likes this.
  5. Brelic

Brelic

Jun 26, 2011
    East Coast, Canada
    I didn't know they were coming out with a new album. Thanks for this!

I've always like Ian Thornley's stuff. His last solo album was done with Chad Kroeger's label, and you could tell... in a bad way. But other than that, his stuff is pretty solid.

Good song, solid prominent bass line!

Love the solo section when everything just dies down and you can hear the guitar cleanly. Lots of breathing room.

brokenstoned likes this.