1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Biggest Ever Cab

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jackcregg, May 26, 2007.

1. jackcregg

jackcregg Guest

Feb 25, 2007
    What is the biggest ever cab, ever.

I want to know if theres been ever like an 8x18 or something.

btw
    If there is such a thing as an 818 i need to see pictures of it compared to some average cabs.

2. xlows

xlows

Oct 21, 2006
    Minnesota
    Crate made a 16x12 guitar amp... that's all I've got. That Ampeg above me is probably it.

3. derrico1

derrico1 Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2005
    Charlottesville, VA
    11291053.jpg

4. Thangfish

Thangfish ...overly qualified for janitorical deployment...

Nice catch, Derrico...
    I forgot about that tour.

5. xlows

xlows

Oct 21, 2006
    Minnesota
    I never realized those were functional amps.

6. matterhorn

7. derrico1

derrico1 Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2005
    Charlottesville, VA

They were functional, but their function was deflating the then-current fetish for giant stacks that served mainly as stage props.

Not at all like the famous story Graham Nash tells about the playback system Neil had set up on his ranch circa *Harvest*.

8. um the matter horn has 40 15" drivers that weigh in @ 65 pounds a pop thread ended

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 7, 2021