Biggest jerks in music

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by LiquidMidnight, May 3, 2002.

1. LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    I'm not off trying to be negative or anything. I just felt like posting this thread. And before someone says, "Well, how can you say if someone's a jerk, you don't see how they act out of the spotlight", I think how you act in the publics view is very important, and if I think you are a jerk in interviews, on tv, on stage ect. I'm going to call you on it. :) On that note, my picks are

Yngwie Malmsteen
    Mike Love (Beach Boys)
    John Kay (Steppenwolf)
    Bigbri and boghurtgurule like this.
  2. iplaybass

iplaybass Guest

Feb 13, 2000
    Germantown, TN
    Billy Corgan always rubbed me the wrong way. Sting seems to be a jerk to me. Fred Durst too. Funny thing is, I love two out of those three's music. Limp Bizkit... hmm... it's a good thing Wes Borland got out from under Fred's ego before it blew. That could have been nasty.
    Scatabrain likes this.
  3. People who tick off many:

Gene Simmons
    The guys of Poison
    The Gallagher brothers of Oasis
    Johnny Rotten
    RickyT likes this.
  4. smash mouth are jerks as well.alkaline trio and bad religion--bad religion werent just mean but they played so loudly it was incredibly distorted!
  5. anyone from metalica
    dr dre

( in short all the anti MP3 chimps )

Tittney spears
    MArilyn Manson ( is it a he or a she ? hard to tell )

and the list goes on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and ... well you get the idea ;)
  6. brewer9

Jul 5, 2000
    I'm a big fan of old KISS, but Gene Simmons has to be one of the biggest idiots who's ever opened his mouth. I also agree with the Lars mention above. Did anyone list Creed's singer? That guys full of himself something fierce!
  7. melvin

Apr 28, 2001
    Courtney Love and Fred Durst have to be the 1 and 2 people on the list.
  8. JP Bassman

JP Bassman

Jun 18, 2001
    lars and scott stapp and ALL COUNTRY "ARTISTS"!!!!! GRRRR :mad:

9. seamus

Feb 8, 2001
    I'll go with those who have nominated Lars, Durst, and Courtney so far. I can see this thread going many pages, even if just to mention some 'artists' repeatedly. :)
  10. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Courtney Love is the centerfold for "Idiot" magazine!
    vulturedog and Scatabrain like this.
  11. Durst is my boy. And the singer from Puddle of Mud. There's something about him that just shoutes "fake" to me. Oh, and "J-Lo". If you're ready to take up a name like that, your topside isn't working very well. And the white black pedapheliac, Michael Jackson. Then there's the rapper guy from Linkin Park. And the entire band P.O.D. And rappers trying to "keep it real" like that guy with the song "ay to the izzay" or something like that. And Fieldy. And whoever it was that came up with the song with the chorus: "What makes you think this song is about you?".

There are more. Many more.
  12. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Kid Rock
    Scott Stap
    Fred Durst

As a good friend of mine says ::Weird voice on:: "Hi I'm Scott Stap from Creed and my favorite band is Scott Stap from Creed."

I highly suggest that you try to find the cover Dave Grohl of Nirvana/ Foo Fighters did of "With Arms Wide Open"

Scatabrain likes this.
  13. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    Well, while not a musician per se, Dick Clark is a part of the music industry. I have been told by a relative (who's an airline employee) that he is quite the schnook.

Paraphrased quote: "This plane isn't taking off until my (whattever you call that ceiling fan thing) is fixed".:rolleyes:
    jebmd likes this.
  14. The Lars you guys are talking about isn't Lars Fredrickson from Rancid and Lars Fredirickson and the Bastards is it? He's always seemed like a real cool guy to me.
  15. CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    snip lars and scott stapp and ALL COUNTRY "ARTISTS"!!!!! GRRRR end snip

Just curious but which country artists are you referrin to? I know that some of the people are real weird but-all of em? Alan Jackson, Kenny Chesney, Merle Haggard, Trace Atkins? Just curious, i know it was a blanket statement but just would like to know if there was a few that were worse than the rest? I knwo this will be vague but for the most part all the rappers to me wouldn't be so bad if i never heard a song or them talk again.
    thats all
    Up the dose likes this.
  16. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    No Lars Ulrich from Metallica. Probably becuse of the Napster thing..
  17. JP Bassman

JP Bassman

Jun 18, 2001
    whatever, country music television needs to be stopped!! :p Honestly, I dont know any of their names, but I saw this music video with this bassist who set a really expenisve looking bass on fire, in the same video he played over 5 different basses. this man singlehandedly ruined my country-experiences! so there :cool:
    47th Street likes this.
  18. CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    I think i know the video you're referring to Trick Pony "Just what I do" when their bassist Ira sets a bass a flame. I thought when he did it was like ala hendrix rather than the i wanna burn this bass now. The guy also has an aluminum dog house bass w/100-200watt head lights in it & a couple of Rays. Oh well, differnt styles for different people. :D
  19. JP Bassman

JP Bassman

Jun 18, 2001
    oh yeah, it definitely was hendrix stlye, and admittedly it was pretty cool, but dayum....i dunno, that guy pisses me off :mad: :p