Biggest venue you have played?

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Mike Money, Jun 27, 2004.

1. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Not people attended... I mean capacity.

I've played the San Diego Sports Arena with the school percussion ensemble.
  2. well my band is located in tucson arizona so theres not really the biggest places to play but, we have played at the rialto theatre and there were about 800 people there i dotn really know about the capasity but it is somewere around 1000 people but it was the john lennon battle of the bands and we placed 3rd.
  3. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Hard to say. I played Jones Beach in NYC, the Miami Baseball stadium, Cenntenial Park in Atlanta, and a couple of other beaches whilst on the Vans Warped Tour.
  4. Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    The great outdoors. This park had a few thousand in it.. it could probably handle a few tens of thousands :p
  5. icks

Jul 12, 2001
    Charleroi, Belgium
    24th july me and my band gonna play in a 2h outdoors gig in front af 2/3000 people in a park.
  6. BustinJustin

BustinJustin banned

Sep 12, 2003
    NYC, LI too
    The Berklee auditorium. Talk about un-nerving.....
  7. Passinwind

Passinwind I Know Nothing Supporting Member

On bass: 1000 seater.

On sound: 60,000 actual attendance.
  8. slackdaddy

Mar 1, 2004
    Athens, GA
    Endorsing Artist: David Eden Amplifiers / Rob Wave Custom basses
    My largest venue played would also be Centennial Park in ATL. There were about 3000-5000 there easily 8000-10000 by the time Funkadelic went on.
  9. PunkerTrav

Jul 18, 2001
    Canada & USA
    We played at the Jubilee Auditorium, pretty much a standard opera house type theater. 3 levels of seating which seat about 2000-2500 people. I was scared ****less before we went on. :help:

10. dukeplaysbass

dukeplaysbass Supporting Member

We played a race track with about 12,000 capacity in front of the Beach Boys -- probably 3000 in their seats when we went on....lots of empty seats but still fun!
  11. fastplant

Sep 26, 2002
    My band, before I joined, played a show to 35,000+ at a music festival at a theme park around here. Damn them for not hiring me earlier!!

But I've played some decent places around here, opened for alot of big name bands at parks and festivals. Toad's Place in New Haven, Tuxedo Junction in Danbury (both in CT some big names have come through those doors quite a bit), Crazy Donkey in Long Island that usually gets a few thousand in.
  12. The (now) 85.000 seat Doak Campbell Stadium in Tallahassee Florida - Home of the Florida State Seminoles!

Other than that - a beach - can't get bigger than that.
  13. Pause

Jun 4, 2003
    Miami, FL
    go Seminoles.. whoo hoo. i'm there now.

The largest number I can recall is the Miami Beach Convention Center, I imagine that's for a few thousand
  14. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    Disney world. Performed there 4 separate times.
  15. Pause

Jun 4, 2003
    Miami, FL
    Oh! I sang twice at Disney World for the big Christmas thing... it was a massed choir thing.

I played bass last August at Disney Land with the band, Soto. That was fun, 70s & 80s cover, very suprising. just one song though, and the guy's Roscoe Beck V was awesome
  16. Chris A

Chris A Chemo sucks!

Feb 25, 2000
    Manchester NH
    A band I was in played after a NASCAR race right on the track in front of pit road. There were 90,000 people at the race, it was said that there were only 60,000 people for our set.

Chris A. :rolleyes: :bassist:
  17. nothing really that big yet as soon as it happens i hope you hear about it so i wont have to tell you
  18. josh_m

May 5, 2004
    Davie, Fl
    Played at a park once, have a semi-regular gig in a 800 person auditorium, played Club-Q in Davie, while the sign on the wall says 175...they can and do fit more. I also played at the Factory in Ft. ever many that holds... and... I think thats it.
  19. FourstringPluck

Jul 2, 2004
    I've played on a vast plain that probably could space a million people, if you filled it up, It was in front of a hundred people :cool: