Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

bike issue

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by coloradok1d, Mar 18, 2003.

1. coloradok1d

coloradok1d Guest

Mar 10, 2003
    I'm a mountain biker from Colorado. I just moved to South Dakota and it has no mountains! So I'm thinking about getting a bmx bike. I know every biker has heard this but I want something that is good all around. Vert, street, and dirt jumping. I really don't know what I want yet. I like screwing around on street stuff and on dirt, so maybe I need two bikes? I used to ride mountain bikes so someone said maybe get a cruiser since the size difference would shock me. I also am looking for something light but I think that is asking too much. So the final question is: What bike do you recommend I get?

note: i'm not just going to order one online and not try one. I'm just looking for ideas. I know nothing about bmx so any help would be great!

2. Tumbao

Tumbao

Nov 10, 2001
    FL
    What about a "road" Bike?

3. coloradok1d

coloradok1d Guest

Mar 10, 2003
    I used to road bike too. I don't know. Scared the **** out of me. I was pretty good but I don't know. I want a bike that I can still go down a flight of stairs!!! I'm in a biking family, my dad and younger brother are the roadies while i'm sorta the crazy one. But my bike handiling skills suck... I think bmx will help me out.

4. rustyshakelford

rustyshakelford

Jul 9, 2002
    Most of the Euro's that do well in mtn biking were at one time cx'ers.

I suggest a Surly Cross Check. Cheap, strong, steel.

You won't be able to ride stairs, but you can ride just about anything else.

And cross is tough!

RS