1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

bike issue

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by coloradok1d, Mar 18, 2003.

1. coloradok1d

coloradok1d Guest

Mar 10, 2003
    I'm a mountain biker from Colorado. I just moved to South Dakota and it has no mountains! So I'm thinking about getting a bmx bike. I know every biker has heard this but I want something that is good all around. Vert, street, and dirt jumping. I really don't know what I want yet. I like screwing around on street stuff and on dirt, so maybe I need two bikes? I used to ride mountain bikes so someone said maybe get a cruiser since the size difference would shock me. I also am looking for something light but I think that is asking too much. So the final question is: What bike do you recommend I get?

note: i'm not just going to order one online and not try one. I'm just looking for ideas. I know nothing about bmx so any help would be great!

2. Tumbao

Tumbao

Nov 10, 2001
    FL
    What about a "road" Bike?

3. coloradok1d

coloradok1d Guest

Mar 10, 2003
    I used to road bike too. I don't know. Scared the **** out of me. I was pretty good but I don't know. I want a bike that I can still go down a flight of stairs!!! I'm in a biking family, my dad and younger brother are the roadies while i'm sorta the crazy one. But my bike handiling skills suck... I think bmx will help me out.

4. rustyshakelford

rustyshakelford

Jul 9, 2002
    Most of the Euro's that do well in mtn biking were at one time cx'ers.

I suggest a Surly Cross Check. Cheap, strong, steel.

You won't be able to ride stairs, but you can ride just about anything else.

And cross is tough!

RS